about #Vitamins | @NutriCompany @Bayer @Shirtoid @Gizmodo @MerriamWebster @HarvardHealth @FitChick @UrbanDictionary @BeHealthyTW

'Interesting' (not "Interesting," but something that made me think for a minute): I take a multivitamin  everyday (we'll find out why below), and I had a 'limited time'-coupon for more vitamins. So I was looking through 'the vitamin-section' of the pharmacy at Wal-mart. And ... a couple things:
  • I don't think I saw any 'non-specialized' vitamins (they were all either "Men's," "Women's," "Teens'," "Kids'" or "50+") ... or maybe there were some 'general' vitamins I didn't see, but
  • I prefer the 'gummies' (as I imagine they fool my body into 'properly digesting the vitamins.') But they were all-out of Men's gummies, yet had 2-or-3 cups of Women's gummies ... I  went ahead and bought some regular 'tablet' vitamins rather than 'the Womens'-variety instead'; but I did think to myself "Hmm, maybe it's a sign that more men care about their health more than women do ..."



That word (hyperlinked to the vitamin Amazon calls "The Best Gummy Multivitamin")—I felt like there might be something more to that word ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which the linked mult-vitamin supplement builds ...

The word “Vitamins” is built on ancient words that mean Life + |Amine (because vitamins were thought to contain |Amino Acids).” 
#Vitamin #MultiVitamin #VitaminTablets #GummyVitamins #VitaminSupplements

'Vitamins' came up in discussion, and--as I explained why I take them (and why I think they're important)--I felt that this diagram would be helpful (which I'm 'coding' into a table so that I can study some of the individual words):



Vitamin Cheat Sheet
VITAMIN WHAT WE USE IT FOR GOOD SOURCES
A healthy vision, skinbonesteeth & reproduction Liver, EggsFish, Milk, Carrots, Sweet Potato, Pumpkin, Spinach
B1
THIAMIN
converting food into energy, boosting nerve function Pork, Soy, Watermelon, Tomato, Spinach
B2
|RIBOFLAVIN
converting food into energyhealthy skin & hair & blood & brain DairyMeatLeafy Green VegetablesEnriched Wheat, Oysters
B3
NIACIN
converting food into energyhealthy nervous system BeefChicken, Shrimp, AvocadoPeanutsTomato, Spinach
B6
PYRIDOXINE
red blood cellssleep, appetite & mood Chicken, Tofu, Bananna, Watermelon, Fish, Legumes
B7
|BIOTIN
converting food into energy, breaking down glucose Whole GrainsEggs, Almonds, SoybeansFish
B9
FOLATE
new cell creation, DNA synthesis Legumes, Spinach, Leafy Greens, Chickpeas, Tomato, Asparagus
B12 breaks down fatty acids & amino acids, helps make red blood cells DairyBeef, Pork, PoultryFishEggs
C an antioxidant, makes new cells, improves immune system Fruit, Fruit Juices, Pepper, Broccoli, Tomato, Spinach
D strengthens/forms bones & teeth with Calcium & Phosphorus Egg Yolk, fatty Fish, Liver, Sunlight
E antioxidant, strong cell-membranes Nuts, Avocado, Tofu, Whole GrainsSeeds
Fthe old name of what is now called 'essential fatty acids (omega 3 & -6)'
G & Hformer names of 'a couple of the above B-Vitamins'
Inot one of the actual vitamins (I'm still trying to find out why not), but--among bicyclists & hikers & other athletes--it's a popular name for |Ibuprofen
Ja vitamin-like substance known as |Choline ... another B-Vitamin, which metabolizes junk-food---or maybe the substances |Catechol & |Flavin (an ingredient in Riboflavin)
K blood clotting, regulating blood-calcium Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Liver, Leafy Greens

But why do I take vitamins—I mean; why take the supplements when I probably get all the vitamins I need in my food?

Well, other than The Placebo-Effect (essentially activating my body's systems to do the work I expect them-to–the same reason 'the package's directions' advise to "take ... with food"–rather than -to waste away in a wisp of lethargic smoke) there might be something described on the package ... which I won't read unless I'm typing it here (or reading it aloud for a recording ... which I don't have the equipment to record ... yet):

So I type it here
SUPPORTS Heart Health with B-Vitamins 
ONE A DAY MEN'S VitaCraves® MEN'S MULTI GUMMIES - NO High Fructose Corn Syrup - Artificially Sweetened - BAYER - MULTIVITAMIN/MULTIMINERAL SUPPLEMENT - 70 GUMMIES

    Along with (no) High Fructose Corn Syrup, these VitaCraves® are also FREE of Fish/Shellfish Allergens, DairyEggs.

    *This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to dignose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
    And I suppose I'll list the "Supplement Facts"-items not-yet-mentioned (not their amounts or 'Daily Value'-percentages) and then the ingredients
    Calories, Carbohydrate, Sugars, Vitamin A, -C, -D, -E, -B6, -B12, Folic acid, Biotin, Pantothenic acid, Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Choline, Inositol, glucose Syrup, Gelatin, Water, Ascorbic acid 
    Less than 2% of: Artificial Flavors, Bees Wax, Carnauba Wax, Choline Bitartrate, Citric acid, D-Biotin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C red #40, FD&C Yellow #5 (Tartrazine), Maltodextrin, Potassium Iodine, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenate, Sucralose, Vegetables Oil (Palm or Coconut), Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 (Cholecaciferol), Vitamin E Acetate, Zinc Sulfate

     You know anything about
     recent developments of meaning here? Comment below!

    And Subscribe by Email to keep up with the new things we (any
     commenters & I) are learning & sharing here.

    Comments