Why I ALWAYS have a #Banana before bed (tho I'm not so devoted to 'that spelling of #Bannanna' ... #Bananna?) | @healthline @colbertLateShow

Most days, I take a nap after my 'early dinner' (what I have instead of lunch), then get up at about 6pm and 'get on this computer' until about 10. Then I have a bananna & go to bed.

Just now, I got up from sleeping-in after my nap. So what am I doing? Well, I wasn't sure at first; so I went to get the bananna I missed, and now all is right with the world.

Why did I do that? We'll get to that in a little bit; but first ... Why is it called a banana? What I show here is 'the group of words' that couch "that word" (below hyperlinked to the banana's nutrition-facts, which might come into discussion) into your vocabulary ... deeper meanings that 'firm the foundations' upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Banana” is actually the 'Wolof' (west African) word for the plant that the fruit comes-from. 
The word's also show-business slang for 'a Comedian (particularly one in a |Burlesque-show)'---which is where we get phrases like #TopBanana or #SecondBanana. That also might be where people got the idea of the #BananaPeel (or #BananaSkin) causing the occasional |Pratfall when trodden-upon---leading to frequent insurance-scams on cities' street-car lines. 
#BananaOil--a slang-term for |Nonsense--comes from the chemical substance (a.k.a. #BananaLiquid or #EssenceOfBanana) that was one of the very first artificial-flavors!

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


hmm ... about that spelling ...

Regardless, I always have a bananna before bed because my Grandma Kay told me that she made sure my Papa (my name for my Grandfather Phil) always had a bananna right before bed.

(Oh, I'm sure 'the nutrition-facts' (linked-to above) are a good reason as well; but my Grandma Kay (really a step-grandmother ... i.e. not my father's mother, but my grandfather's wife after my grandmother passed away) was a Registered Nurse, so 'because she suggested it' is just as good!

Comments