Do Political Parties have #FightSongs? #ThemeSongs? ... Why Do They Call the #FightSong a "Fight Song"? or a #ThemeSong a "Theme Song"? | with info from @WyzOwl @SesameStreet @YouTube @LucasFilm

A dedicated 'Cheug,' I love the song "I'm Blue (Da Ba Dee)" (way more than that 'rip-off' "I'm Good (Blue)" ... although it's an 'honorable' rip-off, paying 'homage' to the original with "that word" in the title (even though I'm pretty sure it's nowhere in the song's lyrics)).

Politically, I'm Independent; so I guess that's why it took me so long to connect that original song to The Democrats' fan-base (who--on Twitter--are constantly referring to themselves as Blue ("Blue Through-&-Through," "A Blue Dot in a Sea of Red," etc.))

So I wondered, 'Have Democrats "appropriated" that song to their "Ministry" (the way American Patriots "appropriated" lots of British songs into their set-lists)? A Democrats' Theme-Song ... or is it Fight-Song?"

Then my (undiagnosed) ADHD takes over--'bright lights!? where?? 🤣'--and I've got to find out ...

Naturally (for us 'cheugs' who are at-least modern enough to know "we can ask The Internet anything"), I ask The Internet, 'What makes a song "a fight song"?' and Google (through my Wowism start-page's search) tells me it's "a Rousing, Short Song Associated with a Sports Team."

(Democrats & Republicans have been Fighting like Sports-Teams for a long time now; shouldn't their Fight Songs be as well known as 'your favorite Sports Teams' songs'?) 

I ask the same question about theme Songs, and it tells me ... first, it thinks I'm talking about theme music (a composition used in the Opening-, Closing- & 'Intermissions' (or 'Key Points') of most Scheduled Programming (Radio, Television, lots of #YouTube #Channels, #Films)) ... I would guess it's 'Music- or a Song-you hear that tells you "Where you are" or "What kinda thing is happening" or "Who's entering/passing-by/exiting."' (Those 'second links' lead to "the kind of themes I mention.")

(For instance, 'when you hear --, you KNOW you're on so-&-so's YouTube Channel or watching that favored film or TV-show, or are playing a certain video game!)

Those last two bold text-links lead to Wyzowl's page about 'Youtuber Intros' (the closest thing I could find to 'popular YouTubers' theme songs' ... another list I'll put-together/find soon)

(first page of image-search results for 'popular nerd')

The word “YouTube” is the name of the popular Video-Website---a portmanteau of "You" (as the Content we're there-for is User-Generated) & #Tube (built on ancient words that mean "Pipe") since 'Tube' was an older original term for Television (as it operated with a Cathode Ray Tube (or a Picture Tube)).
just like #TwopennyTube (London Subway) #TubeTop
 #TubeSteak (Frankfurter) #BoobTube #TestTube #Tubes
 #TestTubes #BoobTubes #TubeSteak #TubeTops #Tubing
 #Tubular #YouTubers #YouTubing #YouTubed
The word “Channel” is built on ancient words that mean "Groove, Waterpipe (Gutter, Tube, Stream ... see Canal)" (later applied to "Radio- or TV-Frequency Bandwidth for Transmitting Signals," a meaning that was applied to each #YouTuber's Account-Profile).
just like #Channels #Channeled #Channeling #Chunnel
The word “Film” is built on ancient words that mean "Skin, Hide (Membrane)" (Coating of Chemical Gel on Photographic Plates or Paper or Celluloid).
just like #Films #Filmed #Filming #Filmmakers #Filmmaker
 #Filmography #FilmStrip #FilmStrips #Filmy #Microfilm

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


But--getting back to my point (though I probably changed the title-line to make it look like I never left my original point)--What songs let you know ...
  • Hey! this is a Republican place! ... you can suggest in the comments, but I'm still probably gonna find one elsewhere as well ...
  • Hey! this is a Democrat place! ... my suggestion?...
  • Hey! this is a Liberal place! ... my suggestion?...
  • Hey! this is a Conservative place! ... you can suggest in the comments, but I'm still probably gonna find one elsewhere as well ...
  • Hey! this is an Independent place! ... you can suggest in the comments, but I'm still probably gonna find one elsewhere as well ...
  • Hey! this is a Moderate place! ... you can suggest in the comments, but I'm still probably gonna find one elsewhere as well ...
  • (or any other Political-groups' theme-song)
... when you hear its theme-song playing?

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments