Stay 'Just #Close Enough' @LvFromAna @RGandBrown

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to Ana Wilde's advice on closeness in marriage) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Close” is built on ancient words that mean "|Hook, |Peg, Nail, Pin (things used to Lock a Door Shut)" (the adjective sense of |Near, from the sense of 'Your Proximity to Others Held with You behind a Locked Door'). #Closely #Closer #CloserToYou #CloserToThee #CloserToGod #CloserToFamily #CloserToFriends #ButNotTooClose #TooCloseForComfort #ThatWasClose #Closing #Closed #CloseQuarters #CloseUp #Closeness

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


I found the above-linked marriage-advice when I was looking for tips on 'staying close, but not too close'; after a search that led me to this video:

Sure, that's a nice video (a nice song, anyway---I'm not sure what 'that picture' has to do with it); but ... it's not the help we need!

See; a man wants a female companion---a life-partner, yes; but ... well, you don't "just pick one up at the store." There's 'a wooing ritual' (well, nothing "cult-ish"; more like 'standard etiquette in your normal lives, as you two meet and get to know one another'). In your spare time, you go out in public to display your attractive qualities; your possible mate sees them, and matches them with theirs (which you see and gather in close and the match is made!)

I--however--don't get out enough to 'display my attractive qualities' (at least not anywhere that they could be seen by- & matched with the attractive qualities of-a woman)---not other than 'those places we're not supposed to talk about going to meet romantic-partners' (and I managed to hike out to a few bars in my twenties & early-thirties).

I've only heard about that from stand-up comedians (tho I understand a few of my cousins might've met their spouses at such places, I never got "all the details on it"). Not ever getting into the 'dating' aspect of the courting-ritual, I only ever managed 'a little slow-dancing' and maybe a 'one-night stand.' (And yes, I was hoping the one-night stand could develop into more (and it kinda did---another night-or-two and some theater-work); but she decided it shouldn't, and I didn't try to change that.)Ana's advice is more for after you've courted & married, when you're deciding 'how often you should spend time together.' But I think it gives you a good pattern to follow on your way there.

Comments