@Cheddar explains Why #Televisions--one of my main 'Windows on Reality'--Cost Less-&-Less | @Wikipedia

That explanation is in a video linked through 'the main word' below. I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the first words' bases ...

The word “Televisions” (the theoretical system of sending Moving-|Images over |Telephone- or |Telegraph-Wires) is built of the prefix Tele- & the word Vision.

#TV #Telecast #Telegenic #Telethon #Televise #Televised #Televising #Telly #TVs #Television


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


Working a little of my 'Listophallic Listography':
    TV can be divided up by 'the telecom technologies that get it to you':
  • Antenna (or 'On-Air' ... I've also heard it described as 'Analog'): NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, FOX
  • Cable (which is how I watch most TV ... maybe by now it's the only way TV is broadcast, I dunno): USA, TBS, TNT, Comedy Central, CNN, MSNBC, Nickelodeon, Disney, MTV, Lifetime, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, SYFY (formerly 'Sci-Fi')
  • Streaming (which is like cable, but (for the most part) its shows start 'whenever you're ready to see them): NETFLIX, AMAZON PRIME, peacock, Disney+, hulu, Paramount+, tubi, HBOMAX
  • But--when thinking about 'the individual programs'--I like to categorize them more by 'what kinds of shows they are' rather than 'what network originated-and/or-broadcasts them.'
  • News/Commentary: THE RACHEL MADDOW SHOW, THE LAST WORD with Lawrence O'Donnell, ALL IN with Chris Hayes, THE 11TH HOUR
  • Comedy: SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, LATE SHOW with Stephen Colbert, FRIDAYS
  • Action/Law- & Crime- ... I think they call them "Procedural's"?: The Good Fight, So Help Me Todd, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE, Angie Tribeca (I know, those fit more in 'comedy' like several others I might think-of; but 'Procedural is Procedural' ...)
  • Documentary (not that much different from news/commentary (a Generation X-ennial, I actually get most of my news from comedy), except the Documentary-approach doesn't depend on 'the newness of the news it brings'): Adam Ruins Everything, Penn & Teller BULLSHIT, NOVA
  • Music: Fresh Out Playlist, Great Performances


Comments