Is #OnTheAir, #Antenna, #Analog Broadcast TV still 'A Thing'? | @Bing @WashintonPost @Quora

Discussing TV-watching habits (in a forum you can GET PAID to use, accessed through 'the bold hyperlink(s)' below), a fellow member made me wonder 'why weather-alerts still play over local broadcast TV (when people are more-easily notified of such emergencies over The Internet); I'll get into 'where that curiosity led me,' but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Antenna (Electrical Device that Sends-or-Receives Radio-or-Television Signals, modeled after the Mobile Appendage on the Bug's (Insect, Crustacean, &c) Head, typically Sensitive to Touch & Taste ... #Antennae/#Antennas #Antennal #Antennar #Antennular)” is probably built on ancient words that mean "to Stretch, Extend" (Horns). 
The word "Analog (American spelling of #Analogue, word describing a Circuit-or-Device having an Output that is Proportional to the Input, -that is Operating with Numbers represented by some Measurable Quantity (as opposed to digital), or a word referring to something that is #Analogous to something else ... #Analogical #Analogize #Analogy)" is built on ancient words that mean Throughout-, According to-|Ratio, -Proportion (|ana-, |Logos).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



Basically, the comment (linked-to above) says that the commenter stopped watching broadcast TV, and I replied telling them why I'm glad I still watch broadcast TV. I was going to include 'weather alerts' in those reasons, but then I remembered that, "No, wouldn't it be more effective if they focused on mobile alerts?"





Comments