I'm a #Quoraspondent; I Should've been Calling Fellow @Quora-users #Quoraspondents as well ... if not #Quorasters or #Quoranators? or (looking at 'the meaning of the #Quora') #QuersAndAers ...

|That name| seems important; so I found out a little more about |that name| (below-linked to the explanation of |that name|) and share my findings with you below---maybe I'll add some notes beneath (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments).
|Quoraspondent| is a pun/portmanteau of the name #Quora & the word #Correspondent. 
The name |Quora| is itself a portmanteau of a basic description of 'what you'll find there': "Questions Or Answers." 
The word |Correspondent| (both the adjective "Matching, having an Analogous Relationship" & the noun for one who Writes Letters (especially who Report from Distant Lands for Local Publications ... applied to 'Reporters on-Location,' I guess)) is built of ancient words that mean "to Answer Together With (each other)" (see Respond, Com-), related to ancient words that mean "Reciprocate, Harmonize."

just like the words #Corresponding #Correspondingly
 #Correspond #Correspondence #Corresponded 


To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


If I could 'pin' this post to the top of my blog (like we can 'pin' posts on Twitter or Facebook (or other social feed webpages), I think I would; because I think I'm going to change my focus from 'etymology-linking here' (though I'll still do it when words or lists (or whatever) come up) to 'Questions Or Answers.'

I started writing (very rarely) on Quora a long time ago (I only went into it "seriously" about a month ago, and totally forgot 'I had written there before' until I looked at my stats-page and saw I've got posts from as far back as February 2013).

But the main reason I'm 'moving my focus to Quora' is ... well, basically; I feel 'involved' there---my questions are answered, my answers are questioned ... that's also what I liked about myLot, but a) myLot-posts are too-often 'what I ate today & which of my relatives are coming over to visit etc.'-posts (which is fine, but I guess I'm more into 'political intrigue & legal drama & movie- & TV-talk'-discussions)

& b) some of my suggestions to their admin made it sound like I thought I knew better than them how to run their website ... I don't think they "kicked me off," but I haven't tried to log back on

I bring up myLot because 'the way I "found" Quora again' was the way Quora-posts will occasionally come up when you ask a question on a search-engine (and I guess that's what I thought was going to happen with my myLot-posts).

After 'finding Quora through questions on search-engines' a few times, it dawned on me; 'Hey! This is what I want to do!' Quora's mission is a worthy one, and one I'm glad to do my little part in fulfilling!

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

Comments