@BrainFall tells me that #Landslide is 'the @FleetwoodMac Song about My Life' - #Land #Slide #Slid #Sliding


... too early/late to turn your speakers on?
I took my love and I took it down
I climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
And the landslide brought me down
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love ?
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thought the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life
Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older, too
Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older, too
Yes, I'm getting older, too
Take my love and take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide brought me down
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well maybe the landslide will bring you down
Songwriters: Stevie Nicks
© Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd.
Maybe 'the words' meanings' aren't as important as 'the words' function in the lyrics' (the music is just 'how the musician's feeling,' with the words being 'just mouth-sounds rising from the music'?), but ...

That word (the 'built-upon' one below)—there might be something more to that word ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which the our lexicon stands ...

The word |Landslide| is built on “Land + Slide” (Land|slip (which is the term still preferred in Britain), from "|Earth-|Burst"; Politically, "|Lopsided Electoral Victory").
The word |Land| is built on "|Heath, |Definite |Portion of the |Earth's |Surface-Owned by an |Individual or -Home to a |Nation" (Solid surface of the |Earth, |Open |Space, |Enclosure, Church, Wasteland, |Fallow land). 
The word |Slide| is built on "to |Slip" (the PIE resembles "|Sled," and is also the foundation of "|Glide, |Track" & "Lose one's Footing" or "something |Allowed to Take its |Own |Course without your |Consideration").

 




You know something about that word-history that
 I don't mention (and that probably isn't mentioned
 below)? 'Fill us in on it'- or just tell me what you
 think (or ask me about something in this- or another-
word that confuses you) with a comment below,

And Subscribe by Email to keep up with the new
 things we (any commenters & I) are learning & sharing here.

Comments