Lament that it's So Easy to Discard Me: #LongDistance | @BibleHub_

'That word' (below-hyperlinked a possible explanation of the reason why I said 'Lament that it's So Easy' instead of "Discover Why #Distance Makes it So Easy") is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Distance” is built on ancient words that mean "|Apart, |Off (Dis-) + to Stand, make or be Firm." #Distancing #Distant #Distantly #Distances #Distanced

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


I woke up today lamenting 'the distance between me and "any of the women who could-be/could've-been a suitable mate."' (And no, not for the reason teenage- & twentysomething- (and even some thirty/forty/fifty/sixty/seventy/etc.something)-boys 'desire companionship'; but for the reason lamented in the song below, a cause lamented by Our Heavenly Father himself!)

My brain seeks an answer to 'the howl of "How!? How could such a predicament as Loneliness befall me?"' And my brain discovers "Lack ... our (hers- & my) lack of Proximity."

They say "It's So Easy to Fall in Love," but they forget that it's only 'Easy' as long as both partners are There in the Same Place. Much-much easier-it-is for their HATE to grow---especially as long-distance so often CRUSHES the memory of 'what you love about me' & the memory of 'what you HATE about me' shines so brightly!

If you hate something about 'someone who is THERE,' you-&-they can quickly move your focus to 'what you love about each other' as that either-covers up 'what you hate about each other' or -distracts you both from 'that hateful thing' until it fades away.

But 'proximity to me' too-often requires that you travel 'long-distance' to bring me with you (probably not usually "international" or even "interstate"; but 'farther than "comfortable walking-distance,"' which ends up being ANYWHERE when you live in cities drowning in Urban Sprawl!) And--just like you want to stay away from stinky infants, even though you know how cute they are after their parents have cleaned them & changed them--'what you hate about me' repels you far more powerfully than 'what you love about me' attracts you!

Comments