I'm Holding to The Bright Side, even tho 'the @DisneyPlus-di Order' pushes me away (#MayTheFourthBeWithYou was NOT With Me!), urging Me to seek #TheRevengeOfTheSixth! or to #LetTheEighthFlowThroughYou!

Everybody knows the pun that made the other day "Star Wars Day" (a pun on the common #Jedi-farewell, "May The Force be With you").

"... Through power I gain VICTORY. Through victory my chains are broken.
THE FORCE shall free me."

My explanation of 'how Disney+ turned me against them and is pushing me to join The #Sith (who use the Dark Side of The Force to gain Strength, Power, Victory and Freedom)' is linked through 'the main words' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Jedi” (the name of the order of Knights who keep/enforce The Peace in The Galaxy) is built on either the Dai Bendu phrase (from planet Tython) that means "|Mystic Center" (that maintains Balance between The Light and The Dark in The Force), or from a title that a Sci-Fi writer gave to his characters who held Lordship (|Jed or |Jeddak ... and the order's name was influenced by the Japanese word jidaigeki, a series of Historical Dramas featuring Samurai). 
The "Sith" is (I suppose) the name for former Jedi and -'pre-Jedi' (Padawans?) who turned to 'what we "Muggles" (non-Jedi ... though that's actually the Hogwarts-name for non-Wizards 😏) call "The Dark Side of The Force"'---I say 'I suppose' because I don't think they were actually called 'The Sith' until the fifth STAR WARS movie (STAR WARS II: REVENGE OF THE SITH ... well, 'Sith' was MENTIONED in STAR WARS I: THE PHANTOM MENACE; but a) I don't remember hearing it & b) I don't recommend the 'less-than-standard' film ... 
(That word was also mentioned in a rough draft of the original STAR WARS (PART IV: A NEW HOPE) and -in a novelization of the series, but most of the novels and we fans of the movies mostly just called them 'Dark Jedi' (inspiring Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently? who knows?)). 
George Lucas originally conceived of The Sith as a form of |Hitler's Schutzstaffel (Nazi Military-Administration |Council), who built their Psyches on The Dark Triad of Narcissism, |Machiavellianism & Psychopathy ... using an underlying 'Survival of the Fittest,' 'Kill or Be Killed' mentality. 
I can't find anything on 'how that word became the word he decided to use for "the Dark Jedi,"' so I look up the obsolete word in English---"one's Life-Journey or -Path" (built on ancient words that mean "to Go, |Head" (Time, Movement)) or "|Since" (built on ancient words that mean Long, Late (|Soiree)) or an alternate spelling #Sithe--itself an alternate spelling of #Scythe--built on ancient words that mean "to Cut".

(Scythe-walker?) 



SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


The banner at the top (and its caption) are The Sith Code ... interesting that it says NOTHING about The Dark Side ... and that The Jedi Code, 
... doesn't specifically mention 'the bright side of The Force.'

You can see that they don't set up a conflict between 'LightDark' so much as a conflict between 'Passion & Peace.'

Interesting ... looking at the Sith's "Peace is a Lie," I remember Emperor Palpatine's assurance to Vader that "Once more the Sith shall rule the galaxy, and We Shall Have Peace."



To resist the temptation of the Dark Side, I now meditate on The Jedi Code:

THE FORCE 

Comments