#BibleChurch: Towers (& Beacons & Marquees & Platforms & Gates) of #Light built on Foundations (Basement, Bedrock, Cornerstone) of Darkness @CopelandNetwork @prayerdotorg @BibleHub #1John1five @EMICworship @PastorGeorgeP @SuperkidAcademy


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


First John 1:5—I can't say 'it always struck me as a lie,' because I guess I always heard about it in 'Bible study'-settings (where we were in the spiritual context) ...
And this is the message that we have heard from Him, and announce to you, that God is light, and darkness in Him is not at all; (Young's Literal Translation)
... but some questions come to mind: Would we have ever noticed God/Jesus if there weren't any 'darkness' we/they/their-servants were bringing us out of? Now that I think about it, does God enjoy seeing his Son punished & crucified (a tragedy we replay every Spring)?

Would we worship Him if He hadn't gone through that darkness? if He and Pontius Pilate had come to an understanding, taken the case 'all the way up' to Caesar, and maybe installed him as a Royal Advisor (like Baka in Hebrew-enslaving Egypt)?

I don't think so.

And–God being 'all things'–how could he not be "darkness" as well?

Well, let's look at 'the word for "Light."' 'That word' (below-hyperlinked to Strong's Concordance's information for the Greek word used) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “phós (φῶς, φωτός, τό)” is built on words that mean "a Source of Light, |Radiance."
And I know that John is probably thinking of the
 'radiance'-sense more than the  "not darkness"-sense,
 but ... see beneath the roots of 'Light" ...
The word "Light" is built on ancient words that mean |Brightness or "Not |Heavy, having Little |Weight."

This came up when I got a Partner-Letter sent out by Abundance-Promoting Kenneth Copeland, in which he expounds on the theme that "God is LIGHT!" and in which I don't think he mentions 'radiance' so much as 'the way God is Love, and we who are born of Love are absolutely not the source of Sin.'

The point of the letter–I think–is to continue to get us into the habit of "calling 'things that be not' as though they were"
For instance: "I consider not my body, now 83 years old. I consider Him—the One who called and healed me over 2,000 years agi. I consider Him who promised me 120 years in Genesis 6:3. I consider not financial difficulties. I consider Him who was made a curse for me and broke the power of poverty and debt. I call myself     debt-free!"
And another example he mentions:
I consider this The Revival Capital of the World,
because that is the site at which my Lord hired me
to work construction. 


Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments