The Difference between My Chart & Your Chart & THE Chart - #SelfCentered vs. #CommunityCentered vs. #GodCentered/#ELcentered/#SunCentered-or-something | @AstroTwins

I mentioned earlier that I've been sort of misinterpreting my astrology-chart. Oh, I haven't 'made any predictions' based on my reading of it; I just ... I mistook it for 'charting my whole course,' when it's more like 'a diagram of launch-conditions' (tho I hope any astrologers out there will correct me (in the comments) if I'm STILL misinterpreting).

This came into focus when I find out that the MC is a meaningful point in your chart, located 'at the cusp of your tenth house,' that my tenth house (in my natal chart) is Aries, but that THE tenth house is Capricorn (which was in my seventh house).

But I'm learning all sorts of things--from the obvious (that your natal-chart is just 'a picture of your birth-hour sky') to the things I've got to read a little more about (starting with 'the article on house-systems linked through "that word" below'). While I step back and find my 'center,' let's review that word's foundations ...

The word “Center” is built on ancient words that mean “Sharp Point, Prick, |Spur, Nail” (the sharp, stationary arm of a circle-drawing compass). #Center #Central #Centrally #FrontAndCenter #SelfCentered #CenterField #Centre #Centered #Centering

Astrology Zodiac Signs describes a few of the house-systems "Featured Contributor" lists at the article above:

... I think 'what I'm not getting' about the chart is "what I'm looking-at" ... a "You Are Here" on the map---a way to 'triangulate' and 'get my bearings' ... 

Naturally I go to How To Read Your Astrology Birth Chart (mindbodygreen.com), and ... I can't quite make out 'what they mean by "a map of where all the planets were in their journey around the Sun (from our vantage point on earth)"' (between that & Wikipedia's statement that it's "a chart or diagram representing the positions of the Sun, Moon, planets, astrological aspects and sensitive angles at the time"),

I guess it's a lot like 'prophets, reading the signs'---they'll tell you 'what certain projections foretell,' but "how they make those interpretations" is sorta their job (their bread-and-butter ... if we could figure it out, what would we need them for?)

... maybe I should ask 'How can I use an astrology-chart to find my constellation in the sky?' Hmm ... How To Locate Your Zodiac Sign's Astrological Constellation In The Sky | YourTango explains it a little bit (not 'how to find all the constellations listed on an astro-chart,' but rather 'where the signs are (only visible 6- to 8-at-a-time, "your" sign not being one of those until a few months after your birthday)').

I'm guessing then that the astro-chart (at the top) has 'Earth' at its center (like the above picture has the Sun ... reminiscent of the way people used to imagine that Earth was the center of the Universe).

And I'm on my way to understanding better. I'm sure Rob Brezsny’s Free Will Astrology still includes calculations of factors beyond my ken, but I'm one step closer to 'fluency in the astrological lexicon' 🤓

Comments