Thank 'Our Heavenly Father' for the Way @StephenAtHome Protects Himself from #Narcissism that comes with Putting one's Name on Everything | @Wikipedia

That's the thought that came to mind as I responded to the discussion linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...
By Caravaggio - Self-scanned, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=25450745

The word “Narcissism” is rooted in the ancient Greek name Narkissos (who–in the myth–became the #Narcissus flower (|Daffodil)). The bulbous plant's name comes from ancient words that mean “Numbness” (|Narcotic ... due to the |Sedative Effect of |Alkaloids in the plant). #Narcissist #Narcissistic





Well, that's the conclusion I reached sorting through 'the few thoughts that came to mind'---thoughts like:

  • How Narcissistic the Google-algorithm indicates he must be! (well, 'the algorithm' I saw was actually the one being used 'on Microsoft Bing'; but I haven't heard people say "Bing It!" as much as I've heard them say "Google It!"):
    Looking for a group-picture of his writing staff, I image-searched 'writers of late show with stephen colbert' and 98% of the images that came up were 'Stephen Colbert standing alone delivering his monologue' (and 1% of them were 'solitary writers who were guests on the show').
  • So I thought I might pray that Our Heavenly Father protect Stephen from the Narcissism which the search-engines put upon him, but ...
    That's not how Our Heavenly Father works! Our Heavenly Father gave Stephen the wisdom needed to protect himself and to prosper (like with King Solomon, who prospered because he asked for 'the wisdom needed to rule his kingdom well').
Stephen is protected by 'the words he uses in his monologues and many of his writings etc.' (as I mentioned in my response at the linked forum). He frequently thanks his writers & other staff, making it abundantly clear that--tho he is The Star of the Show (often its Lodestar, navigating it through the murky swamp that the television-ocean sometimes becomes)--it wouldn't move forward ("ahead of the pack!") so well without every oarsman in its galley!
big boat Trireme OLYMPIAS, in the Naval Tradition Park, Palaio Faliro


Comments