Wow ... This #Monologue Fits with @MidnightMass Perfectly, but -in No Way at All :-)) | #Monologist #Monologues

MIDNIGHT MASS is a "Limited Series" streaming on NETFLIX---I think it's classified as a Supernatural Horror series.

And the monologue (in the video linked through 'that word' below)---it does deal with the death (that's going on around the actress), but has next-to-nothing to do with the monster/magic that the townspeople are fighting! 

I'll quote some of the monologue (just important words in it, really), and might reveal some of its relevance; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Monologue” is built on ancient words that mean "Single, Alone (Small, Isolated)" + "to Collect, Gather (Pick out Words to Speak)."

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


when we die
what happens
speaking for myself
myself
that's the problem
the body stops a cell at a time
but the brain keeps firing those neurons
lightning bolts like fireworks inside
i'm too busy in this moment
remembering
i remember that every
atom in my body was forged in a star
this matter this body is mostly just
empty space after all and solid matter
it's just energy vibrating very slowly
the electrons of my body mingle and
dance with the electrons of the ground
i remember i am energy
not memory
not self
my name my personality my choices all
came after me
i was before them and i will be after
i
am the energy firing the neurons and
i'm
returning just by remembering
i'm returning home
we are the cosmos dreaming of itself
the moment i remember the instant i
remember i comprehend everything at once
and i am all of it
i am that i am
I'm obviously leaving out a lot of it (I think you can see the whole monologue at the 'Monologue'-link), where she points out that 'That is God (you remember that the end of that quote is 'a translation of "What he told Moses his Name is"'); That is Heaven; That is Our Purpose'; and--with its accompanying images & -music--you get a sense that (whatever scary action took place in the bulk of the series) 'this monologue' was the main reason for the entire thing.

Comments