Pray the #Promise, not the #Problem! The True Meaning of #Confession @CharlesCapps1 #Promise #Promising #Problematic #Promises #ProblemSolving #Promised #Promisor #Promissory @CharlesCapps1

I have a very-annoying problem ... it's not so annoying to me, but it causes me to annoy others who trigger it ...

... which they do when they announce to 'all who will listen' that "they need all our prayers to solve one-or-another problem that comes up."

I 'know' (or at-least I 'hope) they mean "they need to feel like their own- or their suffering friends' own-prayers are being heard by 'one with the power to command their fulfillment,'" but some immature spoiled-brat in my brain wants to answer, 'No you/they don't! That's not how it works! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

I don't know why it doesn't work that way (and I'll probably quote a lot of the "evidence" that makes people think it does), but the main reason I think it doesn't is because Jesus Said It Doesn't!
And when thou mayest pray, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites, because they love in the synagogues, and in the corners of the broad places -- standing -- to pray, that they may be seen of men; verily I say to you, that they have their reward. ...  they think that in their much speaking they shall be heard, be ye not therefore like to them, for your Father doth know those things that ye have need of before your asking him;
But then ... well, we'll get into 'why I might be interpreting that "wrong"' a little further down.

Right now, I'll address 'something that I felt supports "my disagreement"'—a "Concepts of Faith"-broadcast I watched the other night, where Brother Charles commented on 'the power of #Confession' (I think the broadcast is part of a series on it).

That's not exactly 'getting in a booth with a priest or -in private conversation with a listener, and #confessing that you've done something wrong to them, -yourself or -someone else.' It IS 'saying the same thing (about yourself & others) as God says (through the prophets of The Bible and -the prophets of today).

Brother Charles tells us that he spent a while being very upset with God; because he spent all his prayer-time praying about his problems, and was surprised that God hadn't fixed things for him!

But–after he took a moment to listen–he heard God reprimanding him for not 'speaking as God speaks' (who "calls things that be not as though they were") 

The word "Confessing (& #Confess #Confessed)" is built on ancient words that mean "|Together (|Con-) + |Speak, |Tell, Say (Admit)." 
The word “Problem” is built on ancient words that mean “|Forward + to |Throw (|Reach).” 
The word “Promise” is built on ancient words that mean “|Before (from 'forward') + to Release, |Let |Go, Send (|Mission ... or sometimes 'throw').” 

'Problem' and 'Promise' are almost the same thing (etymologically); except that 'a Problem' is usually "currently among us," while 'a Promise' is something that–while we have "blesséd assurance" that the Promises are guaranteed to us–has no verified delivery-time on the schedule (they always say it's "in God's own time" or something, but God's clock isn't in the same 'temporal dimension' as man's!)

Comments