The #NatalChart (i.e. #BirthChart---Your Astrological Sign & Star-Map on the Year/Month/Day/Hour/Minute of Your Birth)

I'm digging into this 'horoscope'-stuff, and I found a site that carries a few horoscope-charts.

I don't quite understand them yet (not even as well as most of them do---who would probably tell you they don't "understand" them so much as they 'collect hints from them' or something); and I'll learn more soon ... They call your main chart your #Natal chart ... that word---you've heard it from medical-people (talking about care for women giving birth ... mostly #PreNatal) ... maybe related to Native, #Nativity---let's look ...

The word “Natal” is built on ancient words that mean "to give Birth, Beget" (the "learned" form of "Noel" ... also 'related' to the names Natalie & Natasha (EtymOnline doesn't list those names in this word's "related words," but a) they're listed near this word & b) THEIR entries say they ARE related). #Antenatal #Natality #Neonatal #Perinatal #Postnatal

And "Nativity"---I'm sure you've heard of 'the famous
#NativityScene'--the partly-fictional picture of Joseph
 & Virgin Mother Mary & Baby Jesus & some Shepherds
 & some Foreign Astrologers (Wise Men bearing the gifts
of Gold, Frankincense, Myrrh) & the Little Drummer
 Boy--but maybe you've also heard that 'a Nativity' is
 "the field of stars in the sky at the moment of one's
 birth."

In fact, EtymOnline defines 'Nativity' as "The feast
 celebrating the birth of Christ---Christmas." 


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


and--to explain those symbols and introduce a few more--

You can find your natal chart at the site linked throu
gh 'the main word' above; but I'll use mine to teach (teach-myself, and hopefully be a good example) to read our stars ...

We'll examine some of those readings on the chart-legend:
The red lines are 'on the Square.' The purple lines are 'on the Sextile.' The green lines are 'on the Trine.' The yellow lines are 'on the Quincunx.' The blue lines are 'on the Opposition.' And the grey lines are 'on the Minor Aspects.'

Going on with some of the readings written down-screen (it may be 'the way astrologers read my chart'---starting with 'the "sign" they're in (think of it as the "color they dye my consciousness"),' warping the image a little by their Aspect on other planets (Aspects I'll describe twice-each below, to kind of emphasize that--heads-up or heads-down--the coin still has two sides)):
My Sun's in Cancer, Sextile with Chiron, Square with MC & Pluto & Moon, in Conjunction with my Ascendant. My Moon's in Libra. 
My Mercury's in Gemini, in Conjunction with Mars, Opposition to Neptune, Square with Saturn and Jupiter, Trine with Pluto. 
My Venus's* in Leo, Trine with MC. My Mars'* in Gemini, Trine with Moon, in Conjunction with Mercury.

(nerd-break 🤓; right there you can see Professor's rule for "apostrophe-s's on singular words that end in "s" (usually names, although usually referring to the ownership "'s")---add-it-on if the ending is a hard "S" (like 'Hoss'); just add the apostrophe (no second "S") if the ending is a soft "S" ('zz' ... like "Mars")) 
My Jupiter's in Libra, in Conjunction with Saturn, Sextile with North Node, Square with Mercury. My Saturn's in Libra, in Conjunction with Jupiter, Sextile with North Node, Square with Mercury. 
My Uranus's in Scorpio, Trine with my Ascendant, in Opposition to Chiron. My Neptune's in Sagittarius, Sextile to Pluto, in Opposition to Mercury. 
My Pluto's in Libra, in Conjunction with Moon, Sextile to Neptune, Trine to Mars & Mercury, Square to my Ascendant & Sun, in Opposition to my MC. 
My North Node's in Leo, Sextile to Saturn & Jupiter. My Chiron's in Taurus, Sextile to Sun, in Opposition to Uranus. My Ascendant's in Cancer, Trine to Uranus, Sextile to Chiron, Square to Pluto & Moon, in Conjunction with Sun. 
My MC's in Aries, Trine with Venus, Square to Sun, in Opposition to Moon & Pluto. ... and all those Aspects are at 'orb's of 8* or less (maybe there are many Minor Aspects ... I'm not sure of the difference yet)
They see some interesting patterns:
And Astrologers probably want to note (I put the features I don't quite understand right-now in "quote marks") that
  • The Moon was a first quarter Moon.
  • The chart is a Bowl shape
  • "The Air element is dominant among the inner planets."
  • "The inner planets do not fall in an Earth sign." 
  • "The Cardinal mode is dominant among the inner planets."
  • The top right quadrant is empty. (I know that means 'the top-right quarter of the map,' but I'm still not sure "what it's a map of"---I mean; I know it's 'the sky,' but I'm not sure 'which way "north" is' 😕)
  • Most of the inner planets are located in the left hemisphere (left of "the MC-IC axis").
  • The Sun is rising (about 7 in the morning, I hope the Sun's rising!)
  • Moon and Pluto are "on the Nadir" (I just don't know that word yet)
  • Mercury is in 10 Aspects (the same way there are points in your neighborhood you could give several different sets of directions-to (to meet with your friends), there are at-least 10 ways my chart could send you to Mercury)
  • "Mercury is in the sign of its rulership."
  1. Cancer (containing Venus & North Node)
  2. Leo
  3. Virgo (containing Jupiter & Saturn)
  4. Libra (containing Moon & Pluto)
  5. Scorpio (containing Uranus & Neptune)
  6. Sagittarius
  7. Capricorn
  8. Aquarius
  9. Pisces
  10. Aries
  11. Taurus (containing Mars & Chiron)
  12. Gemini (containing Sun & Mercury)
They then offer 'the chart-report' that (I guess) will tell me what 'all those planetary positionings' should mean to me; but I think I've got enough information to keep me occupied for a while ...

Comments