#WhyisitCalled a #DrumMajor? @Quora tells us \\ #Drum #Major #Maj (#Mage? #Magi?) #Majority #Majorly


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


A friend of mine on Facebook posted 'another one of those "God controls everything and God has the big plan"-memes, and another friend responded, 'I am one of those marchers.'

That inspired me to look at my 'conflicting viewpoint' in a different way ... I'll get into 'my disagreement' a little later (and probably also in countless other posts), but my response there was "I am a drum major, so I see that ... (something I'll get into later)."

What does it mean to be a drum major? Well, for me; I was 'a drum major' (the modern use of the title) in high-school, which meant 'a student-conductor for the school's marching-band' (really I was 'only' an assistant drum-major (mostly out of pity for my lost ability). I stood on the sideline and faithfully marked time in case a band-member couldn't hear the rest of the band & -couldn't see the other two drum majors).

'Those words' were originally used in the military (Quora gives the explanation in the "links" below), and they're built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The “Drum Major” was the Order-|Issuer (from the |Colonel (Leader of the Band) to its Members) in a Drum-Corps attached to a Regiment in the American Civil War (for the military's |Entertainment & -Synchronized Movement (i.e. Marching-|Rhythm)). 
The word “Drum” (the main instrument the soldiers could hear) is built on words that ... are mainly |Imitative of the sound of a Beat on a drum (|Tympanum (of the Ear), |Tympani). 
The word “Major” (military rank above Captain & below |Lieutenant-|Colonel) is built on words that mean Large, Great (Elder, Adult, |Magnate, |Superior Person, |Chief |Officer).

When I was a Drum Major, someone watching could easily be convinced that the players on the field were moving around & playing the music because I was 'directing them' (i.e. waving my hands around).

But–as in the military-example–the Drum Major only 'relays the orders of The Colonel' (i.e. marks time at the speed ordered by The Band-Director). The players see the speed marked by the Drum Major, and individually agree that that's the speed they'll play their music-at.

All Christians are taught (from early-childhood) that God has a plan & -makes miracles happen to bring-about his will on Earth.

But a little observation shows you that people do all the miracles! Oh, we're all sure God gives them the power to do those miracles; but the miracles don't happen unless people take the power as you thank Our Father for it.

So–when we 'pray for a miracle'–we're 'waving our hands around (as instructed by The Colonel) as a guide to help unify the other players in their individual decisions.'




Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments