They Call them #AstrologicalHouses, but Wouldn't It Be Better to Call them ... #Quadrants? #Ranges? #Fractions?

Partly because I've already 'done' House. But partly because of 'what House means' as compared to 'what an Astrological House is'---I can only be from one House, but 'the Houses on my Astrological Chart ... I am influenced by signs' influences coming from ALL TWELVE HOUSES,' making them not "my houses" (tho I might call them 'my 12 houses) but rather 'sections of my chart'---#Quadrant? #Range? #Fraction?

Before I describe 'my search for what caused the 12 houses,' I feel it's more important to understand those possible names better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Quadrant” is ... actually--since that word's built on ancient words that mean Four--maybe a better word would be #Dodecarant (from ancient words that mean Twelve). #Dodeca- #Dodecahedron #Dodecahedral #Quadrantal 
The word “Range” is built on ancient words that mean "to Turn, |Bend." #Ranged #Ranging #RangeFinder #Downrange #FreeRange #LongRange #Ranger #Rangy 
The word “Fraction” is built on ancient words that mean "to Break." #Fractional #Fractious

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


The 'sources on it' ...
... seem to fall into the 'this is how it is, because this is how everybody's always said it is'-routine.

Maybe House Systems: Dividing the Sky – Big Sky Astrology with April Kent does differently ... it's a long article, and it goes into 'how different-house systems divide houses diferently.' A Comparison of Astrological House Systems – Macrocosmic Wizard does that too. And 12 Houses Zodiac Tarot Spread (angelorum.co) goes a little bit into 'how you can match up Tarot Cards with your Sign & ...' I dunno ...

The History of Astrology: Origins and Information | Gaia gives some good insight into 'how astrology began' (farmers-etc. observing for thousands of years how the stars changed position in the sky---at first using the information to more-wisely plan their planting and harvesting, later noticing that the signs they read also held some correlation with the drama of humans' emotions ...

(Maybe--and this is just a guess--people started using 'when people born with similar charts do things in the same way' as "PROOF that 'that area of the chart' influences things that way").

Comments