Maybe Democracy (with a CAPITAL "D") is actually a form of #Liberal Elitist Monarchy, with @TeamPelosi attempting to Crown the #Emerita @SpeakerPelosi | thoughts inspired by her & @JRPsaki & @BillOReilly & @RubinReport & @StephenAtHome & @_SecondThought & @MoiraDonegan & @HilaryWarnedUs

(@-tags in the title: the 'team' has a blue-circle checkmark, the 'speaker' one has a grey-circle checkmark; do you know the difference? you're welcome to put it in the comments!)

I've been hearing a lot about Speaker "Emerita" Nancy Pelosi. I first became her fan when she appeared on LATE SHOW with Stephen Colbert & reminded us that America is "a republic, if you can keep it."

She was- and continued to be-an active Speaker-of-the-House (of Representatives ... elected by California's 11th district) from then until she 'passed the torch' to a new generation of Democratic leaders (while still continuing to Represent her district in The House in Washington D.C.), but I didn't notice her individually until YouTuber Second Thought brought up the fact that she (and a few other elected officers) make exponentially more money than the average investor.

(Well, actually about a year after that ... my YouTube
 'Watch Later'-list has about FIVE THOUSAND videos
 in it, and I can only get through about 15-a-day!)


Then more recently, Nancy was interviewed by Jen Psaki--with Psaki lamenting the anniversary of "the overturn of Roe vs. Wade" (she calls it "stripping away women's power of choice," I want to smarmily reply, "So; I can command some random single woman to let me impregnate her, and she has no choice in the matter?" but that's just some random Bible-thumping snark)--and I ... I was thinking about a lot of other stuff, including one of |those words|.

And--looking for more perspective on Pelosi--I found the article that brought up |that other word| (also linked to the article); while I meditate on all these perspectives, I research |those words| and share my findings with you below. (We might discuss 'Nancy's meanderings' beneath (and/or you might start a discussion in the comments)).

The word |Liberal| is built on the proto-word *leudh- "People" (or *leudh-ero- "Belonging to the People"). evolving into ancient words that mean "Free, |Licentious, Zealous, Generous, Noble, |Magnanimous." 
Today's political meaning of the word (especially in the U.S.) seems to mean "Favoring 'what's good for Today's People' rather than 'what Tradition or Precedent says'" (although that might be reversed, what with 'TraditionPrecedent' sometimes BEING 'what's good for Today's People').
The word |Emerita| is the feminine form of #Emeritus, built on the proto-word *(s)mer- "to Get a Share of" (evolving through ancient words that mean "to Serve, Earn," adding the prefix that means "Out (see Ex-), and coming to mean "having Served Out |Sufficient Time (as a Veteran Soldier) to Finish the Work assigned").
on which are also-built #Liberals #Illiberal #Liberalism
 #Liberality #Liberalize #Liberally

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments