Odd that I Had Trouble Thinking of 'Synonyms for #Generous,' as #Generosity is possibly the Reason-I'm-Still-Alive-Today! | @ThesaurusCom @DictionaryCom

The Thesaurus-page giving many synonyms of Generous (most of which I agree are synonyms and list them below the subscribe-bar) is linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Generous” is built on ancient words that mean "of Noble Birth" (coming to mean Unselfish, Plentiful ... as Worthy |Royalty ought to be). #Generously #Generousness #Generosities

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


The listed synonyms that I agree-with (10 of the 99, most of which seem more like 'terms that describe someone who is also generous'):
|Benevolent, |Charitable, |Considerate, Hospitable, Altruistic, Beneficent, Great-Hearted, |Magnanimous, |Munificent, |Philanthropic

Comments