@Bing shows you Where to Go to #Earn a #Salary | @BingRewards @aPhraseAWeek

Bing Rewards gave me a link to a 'Binging' of "jobs near me." (I know that that's 'the infinitive form of "to Binge,"' but--whenever I see the word "Binging"--I always first read it as 'Bing-ing'---maybe we should spell 'the Binge-word' with a "J" ... 'Binjing?')

That search (which should show 'jobs near YOU') is linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word "Earn" is built on words that mean "Harvest, Fall" (Crop, Summer, Autumn, Hired Day-Laborer, |Serf, Man). #Earned #Earns #Earning #Earnings #aPennySavedIsaPennyEarned #EarnYourStripes #EarnYourFood #EarnedWages 
The word "Salary" (which I know is different than 'employee-wages,' but I've already "done" that word) is built on ancient words that mean Salt (with words referring to one's Yearly Revenue from the Sale of Salt ... tho I've heard it came from when Roman Soldiers were Paid in Salt (or -in Money they used to Buy Salt), which is why they'd say that a man was (or wasn't) #WorthHisSalt 
(In today's use, 'Salary' is "a Yearly (or Seasonal) Pension or -Stipend," while a 'Wage' is "Hourly or Daily"; tho if I'm wrong there you can correct me in the comments). #Salaried (as opposed to #Honorary or #Hourly) #SalaryMan #Salaries

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


So most of the jobs you find at the 'Bing-ing' of "jobs near me" will earn you a 'Wage'; they might hire you for a 'Salary,' but I think a 'Salary'-job is one you get by 'promotion within the company' (if not by buying the whole store!)

Comments