#Effervescing with PRIDE, a different /kind/ of LGBTQ+ #Allyship | inspired by @BeauTFC, with info from @IdahoNews6 @The_Arena_Group @MythologySymbol @StackExchange @KJIgoe @Wikipedia

Watching, 

I was moved to 're-evaluate' my standing as an Ally---a word that stands firm on the foundation of many other words, including |that word|. I found out a little more about |that word| and share my findings with you below (and I link to the Beau's video through |that word|, and share my comments and welcome your discussion.

The word |Effervescing| is built on ancient words that mean "to Boil-, be Hot-Out (see Ex-)" (on the foundational proto-word *bhreu- "to Bubble").
on which are also-built #Effervesce #Effervesces #Effervesced
 #Effervescence #Effervescent

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

My comment on the video (in case it's too nerdy to keep there) was,
hmm ... feeling 'betrayed' (not "betrayed," but more like 'seeing you pay homage to pop-culture above the ... it's early, still 'getting my bearings' ...); like you're "jumping on the bandwagon," helping the Pride People declare that rainbows mean 'their thing' rather than "Christians' thing." (Not saying 'being LGBTQ+' means you can't be 'Christian' ... it's a 'JUDEO-Christian thing' anyway) I mean, you're right ... mostly. I still don't believe "it's an unchangeable thing," but ... it's like 'a dominant hand'---I'll always be right-handed, and ... well, *I* could change that; but no one else can (legally) without my agreement. And my parents/guardians/people-helping-me-grow-up could've influenced it (encouraging me to do things with one- or the other-hand), but now I'm "stuck" right-handed. Anyway, 'the rainbow' is about more than "being proud that love is love" (or whatever). It's more about 'how our "colors" (spirits, souls, moralities, etc.) stay individually different even though they stand side-by-side' (one reason why they like to add 'new colors' to the Pride Flag to represent additional preferences).

Maybe we could get the protesters to understand it that way ... more like 'we're all human, just that some of us do it differently---Human Pride!" eh? ... an OPTIONAL thought, you have a good day as well ...
Idaho's Kyle Hicks explains this- & the other-Pride Flags

So---do I qualify as 'an Ally'? Parade shows me how I (a straight, male, 'cisgender' (whatever that means), white, Christian (Roman Catholic ... I know that's not necessarily 'Christian,' in which case I'm both ... and Buddhist, with hints of Muslim & Jewish & Bahá’í & Scientologist & Satanist & Wiccan & Pagan & Atheist etc.) American) can be a better Ally, but I think I'll do it by ... maybe by learning more about this kind of Pride (which is something different from the pride we're warned against in The Bible).

First, by learning about 'our' (the Allies') flag (where I also learn "Allyship" is more than just 'tolerating LGBTQ-humans as fellow citizens,' but it it means I "recognize the inherent discrimination faced by members of the LGBTQ community." It requires 1. that Awareness, 2. supportive Action, & 3. 'Integration' ("a slow process of discovery, action, and awareness ... of what [I've] been doing to address [social injustices]."))

SymbolSage tells us the Ally Flag is a combination of "the straight flag" & "the LGBTQ flag." The LGBTQ flag uses the rainbow (hot pink for sex, red for life, orange for healing, yellow for sunlight, green for nature, turquoise for magic/art, indigo for serenity, and violet for spirit) to represent 'unity amid diversity.' 6 of those 8 colors are displayed in an A-shape over the black-&-white stripes---with white, pink & light blue (for transgender pride) in the A's counter

(The black-&-white stripes are from a flag that was developed in reaction to the LGBTQ Pride flag---because nobody talks about 'Straight Pride' 😒'Straight Pride' doesn't even have its own flag on marie claire's list of 31 Different Pride Flags! But it's there (with a couple variations) if you look for it😎)

I hope the links above help show how I'm an Ally & -how you can be a better Ally 💯

My New Mantra (one of several)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments