@BecomeTheKnight Trash-Talks a lot of Cheesy Music, but CAN'T GET ENOUGH of that #Tacky Stuff! (the #GuiltyPleasures Everybody Loves to Hate) | @SpinDitty

Watching the video linked through |that word|, I was 'compulsed' to find out a little more about |that word| and share my findings with you below. (I'll list the songs he mentions ... maybe I'll add some notes alongside (and/or you might start/continue the discussions in the comments)).

The word |Tacky| (a synonym of "Cheesy") sits at the peak of the tower high above either the proto-word *tag- (which-is beneath the word Tack & -evolved through ancient words that mean "Prong, Branch, Spike, Nail, Fastener ... then to Sticky, Attaching Temporarily"), 
or ancient words that mean "Ill-Fed or Neglected Horse" (extended to describe a person you'd call a "Hillbilly, Cracker," evolving to words that mean "Shabby, Seedy, in Poor Taste" ... a colloquialism that Haughty Snobs used on others who were Wealthy without Great-Grandfathers (i.e. with Money from Outside the Family)).
on which are also-built #Tackiness #Tackies

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

Then Become the Knight's ... 
    Top Ten 
  1. (doing the code 'the old-fashioned way' ... simply typing "reversed" in my 'ol'-tag didn't work, so I had to type 'value="[the number]"' in every 'li'-tag) Maroon (an album by Barenaked Ladies - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQvL6GLJiX90a_Lk8ZYrxgP-RnzCV_qcu), with the song Conventioneers - https://youtu.be/rDGbt5mjMuo ... I think BtK also mentions/describes Tonight is the Night I Fell Asleep at the Wheel - https://youtu.be/Mk8CVDns7Jc?list=PLQvL6GLJiX90a_Lk8ZYrxgP-RnzCV_qcu
  2. Data & Picard by POGO - https://youtu.be/bl5TUw7sUBs
  3. Kool-Aid by Accept
  4. Torn & My Own Prison (from Creed's album my own prison)
  5. The Final Countdown by Europe
  6. What is Love by Haddaway (used in Night at the Roxbury)
  7. Scatman (or Scatman's World) by Scatman John 
  8. HAPPY by Pharrell Williams
  9. BARBIE GIRL by AQUA (which has been revamped by Nicki Minaj - https://youtu.be/CUj2AWEJnwQ)
  10. Despacito (though BtK spelled it "despadido" ... and so did many others, as you can see through that hyperlink ... probably so they don't "demonetize" this video) by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee 
And now I'll 'compulse' my way through the lyrics of each song and then the artists' names etc.... unless I feel like doing something else ...

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments