Thanks #AVG @AVGfree, for Protecting Me from ... #McAfee? @McAfee (why do the CALL them computer-'viruses' anyway (rather than 'plagues' or 'poxes' etc.)?)

An ad (on MyLot, through one of their advertising-programs) featured an offer from McAfee. I forget exactly what the offer was, because AVG 'squelched' my curiosity---the page that opened instead informed me that the link I had been given carried "malicious code" that could "harm your computer or steal your private data" (probably "honestly" a McAfee-link, but just on the end of a disreputable chain of 'goons who want their cut').

AVG didn't feel compelled to tell me WHICH site was 'malicious' (nor even 'the maliciousness from which they were protecting my computer') ... the only thing they would do is 'offer me the chance to update my free AVG' at the site linked below.

It's linked through a word that describes 'why the computer-malady is called a "Virus"'---I looked at the 'bases' of that word (well, really at words that influenced that word's evolution) and the base that #StuckOut was ... #Sticky

That's why memes & videos & songs & phrases are sometimes said to 'go viral'---because they #stick to people's brains and 'conversation-minds' (y`know, it's what people are talking-about when they ask "what's on your mind?") ...

But I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Sticky” is built on ancient words that mean "Pointed (to Goad, Incite, Impel, Prick, Puncture, make a Mark with a Pointed |Instrument, |Sharp, Arrow, to Remain in Place, to |Quilt) + Full of, Characterized by" (Sentimental/Difficult, Hot & Humid). 
#StickyWicket (metaphorically, a malfunctioning cricket-bat) #Stickily #Stickiness #StickOut #Sticking #StickAround #StickIt (I imagine that's the British equivalent of America's "Stuff It," because the first phrase that it brought to my American mind was #StickItToMe) 
#StickingPoint #StickingPlace #Candlestick #Yardstick #Drumstick #Dipstick #Fiddlestick #JoyStick #Lipstic #Mopstick #Nightstick #PigSticker #PotStick #PotSticker #Slapstick #Stickball #Sticker #StickInTheMud #Stickleback #Sticks #Stickum #StickUp #Unstick #UnStuck 
"McAfee Cybersecurity" was named for its founder John McAfee, whose surname is built on ancient words that mean "Son of Black Peace" #MacDuibhshithe #Duibhshith #Duffy #McFee #McPhee


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner





Comments