I think #Scatman & #ScatmansWorld (by #ScatmanJohn ... 'survived' by @scatman_fan & @Scatman_ebooks) have My Favorite Lyrics ... #BaDaBaDaBeeBopBopBoddaBope & #BaBoBehBopBopahDopBaBaBahBaBaBeDi ... possibly replacing #YaidleDeedleDaidleDigguhDigguhDeedleDaidleDum or #BaWitDaBaDaDingDaDangDiggyDiggy ... heh


The title |Scatman| (part of John Paul Larkin's stage-name Scatman John) is a compound of the words #Scat & Man. The word |Scat| is probably of |Imitative Origin (imitating one of the |Syllables used by the #Scatting Jazz-Singer's |Nonsense |Patter) 
... if not the Interjection meaning "Go Away!" (usually addressed to a small animal)--built of 'a |Hiss' & the word "Cat" (related with the phrase #QuickerThanSCat "in a Great |Hurry")--or if not the ancient words for "|Filth, |Dung (see |Scatology)."
on which are also-built #Scats #Scatted #Scatmen
 ... okay, I 'coined' that last one; but wouldn't #TheScatmen
 be a good name for a #ScatmanTributeBand?

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

The Lyrics:
I'm the Scatman
Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dubSki-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dub(I'm the Scatman)Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dubSki-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dub
Ba-da-ba-da-ba-be bop bop bodda bopeBop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBop ba boddaBa-da-ba-da-ba-be bop ba bodda bopeBop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBop ba bodda bope
Everybody stutters one way or the otherSo check out my message to youAs a matter of fact, a-don't let nothin' hold you backIf the Scatman can do it, so can you
Everybody's sayin' that the Scatman stuttersBut doesn't ever stutter when he singsBut what you don't know, I'm gonna tell you right nowThat the stutter and the scat is the same thingYo, I'm the ScatmanWhere's the Scatman?I'm the Scatman
Why should we be pleasin' any politician heathensWho would try to change the seasons if they could?The state of the condition insults my intuitionAnd it only makes me crazy and a heart like wood
Everybody stutters one way or the otherSo check out my message to youAs a matter of fact, don't let nothin' hold you backIf the Scatman can do it, brother, so can youI'm the Scatman
Ba-da-ba-da-ba-be bop bop bodda bopeBop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBop ba boddaBa-da-ba-da-ba-be bop ba bodda bopeBop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBop ba bodda bope
Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dubSki-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dubSki-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dubSki-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dub
Everybody stutters one way or the otherSo check out my message to youAs a matter of fact, a-don't let nothin' hold you backIf the Scatman can do it, so can you
I hear you all ask 'bout the meaning of scatWell, I'm the professor, and all I can tell you isWhile you're still sleepin', the saints are still weepin' 'causeThings you call dead haven't yet had the chance to be bornI'm the Scatman
Ba-da-ba-da-ba-be bop bop bodda bopeBop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBop ba boddaBa-da-ba-da-ba-be bop ba bodda bopeBop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBop ba bodda bope
Ski-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dubSki-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dubSki-bi dibby dib yo da dub dubYo da dub dubSki-bi dibby dib yo da dub dub(Yo da dub dub) yeah, I'm the Scatman
Where's the Scatman?
I'm the Scatman, repeat after meIt's a scoobie oobie doobie, scoobie doobie melodyI'm the Scatman, sing along with meIt's a scoobie oobie doobie, scoobie doobie melody
Yeah, I'm the Scatman (I'm the Scatman)
Bop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBop ba boddaI'm the Scatman (I'm the Scatman)Bop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBa-da-ba-da-ba-be bop bop bodda bopeBop ba bodda bopeBe bop ba bodda bopeBop ba boddaBa-da-ba-da-ba-be bop ba bodda bope (yeah, I'm the Scatman)Bop ba bodda bope (sing along with me)Be bop ba bodda bope (it's a scoobie oobie doobie, scoobie doobie melody)
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Antonio Nunzio Catania / John Paul Larkin
Scatman lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group
That brings us to,
with the Lyrics
[Sting] ... Scatman's WorldBabobeh-bopbopahdop-babababaBabedi-babobeh-babopbedop-bababapiBabedi-babobeh-popbopbedop-babobehBopbopbedop-babobeh-popbopbedop-bababababehdi
I'm calling out from ScatlandI'm calling out from Scatman's WorldIf you wanna break free, you better listen to meYou've got to learn how to see in your fantasyI'm calling out from ScatlandI'm calling out from Scatman's WorldIf you wanna break free, you better listen to meYou've got to learn how to see in your fantasy
Everybody's talkin' something very shockin'Just to keep on blockin' what they're feeling insideBut listen to me, brother, you just keep on walkin''Cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hideScatman, fat man, black and white and brown manTell me 'bout the color of your soulIf part of your solution isn't ending the pollutionThen I don't want to hear your stories toldI want to welcome you to Scatman's World
Babobeh-bopbopahdop-babababaBabedi-babobeh-babopbedop-bababapiBabedi-babobeh-popbopbedop-babobehBopbopbedop-babobeh-popbopbedop-bababababehdi
I'm calling out from ScatlandI'm calling out from Scatman's WorldIf you wanna break free, you better listen to meYou've got to learn how to see in your fantasy
Everybody's born to compete as he choosesBut how can someone win if winning means that someone loses?I sit and see and wonder what it's like to be in touchNo wonder all my brothers and my sisters need a crutchI want to be a human being, not a human doingI couldn't keep that pace up if I triedThe source of my intention really isn't crime preventionMy intention is prevention of the lie, yeahWelcome to that Scatman's World
Babobeh-bopbopahdop-babababaBabedi-babobeh-babopbedop-bababapiBabedi-babobeh-popbopbedop-babobehBopbopbedop-babobeh-popbopbedop-bababababehdi
I'm calling out from ScatlandI'm calling out from Scatman's WorldIf you wanna break free, you better listen to meYou've got to learn how to see in your fantasy
Hey-yeah!Babobeh-bopbopahdop-babababaBabedi-babobeh-babopbedop-bababapiBabedi-babobeh-popbopbedop-babobehBopbopbedop-babobeh-popbopbedop-bababababehdi
I'm calling out from ScatlandI'm calling out from Scatman's WorldIf you wanna break free, you better listen to meYou've got to learn how to see in your fantasy
Listen to meI'm calling out from ScatlandI'm calling out from Scatman's WorldIf you wanna break free, you better listen to meYou've got to learn how to see in your fantasy
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Antonio Nunzio Catania / John Larkin
Scatman’s World lyrics © Ed. Scales
My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments