@PEOPLE helps us in #Mourn-- well, not #Mourning; but "Grieving" the 'Ascendance' of @TheGoldbergsABC #GodBeWithYe, #Schmoopies | @EW @iMDb @KitchenDenis

The end came unexpectedly (to me ... they probably knew about it 'years in advance'---but they didn't tell the cast!)

The word “Mourn” (as I've already 'done' the word "Grieve") is built on ancient words that mean "to Remember Sorrowfully, |Bemoan (|Pine Away)" or maybe -that mean "to Die, |Wither."
just like #Mourn #Mourner #Mournful #Mourns #Mourned #Mourners #Mournfully
The word “Schmoopies” (what Bev called her kids ... well, at least she called Adam #Schmoopy; but Wendi McLendon-Covey's performance was so overpowering, you know Bev probably #Schmooped all over every cute kid she ever saw!) is built on ... well, the closest Etymonline could find was #Schmooze, built on ancient words that mean "Intimate Chat, Idle Talk." 
Etymonline also listed #Schmoe (an |Idiot or Fool, euphemism for |Schmuck) & #Schmoo (based on The #Shmoo, a Comic-Strip creature (like a sort of Genie, with a name probably based on Schmoe).Various sources root "Schmoopy" in The Soup Nazi (episode 6 of SEINFELD's Season 7 ... a Nickname for a Significant Other), or -in modern slang for 'someone who's Childish, Ridiculous, Sketchy,' maybe -in 'Characteristic of #Schmoop (Cheezily Romantic Fan-Fiction), |Maudlin.
just like #Schmoozer #Schmoozes #Schmoozed #Schmoozing #Schmoozers #Schmoopiness #Schmoopier #Schmoopiest
merch of The #Shmoo


To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

The series ended (I don't think I'll "SPOIL" it, but I'll try to be sort of vague anyway ... ask for clarification in 'the comments') with all the family members moving on to their next steps in life---you might think of it as each one's way of 'finishing grieving for the one they lost a season-or-two ago.'

But--if you need help with it--we'll go through the stages-of-grief here:
  • Denial/Shock/Disbelief - Yes, it's finished.
  • Anger - I ... I don't know; maybe I'm still 'in denial' of any anger I might have about it
  • Bargaining - can we make a deal with ABC to keep it going somehow? sorta, but ... we'll talk about it soon ...
  • Guilt (More Anger) - It's not your fault.... It's not your fault.... It's not your fault.... It's not your fault.... It's not your fault.... It's not your fault.... It's not your fault.... It's not your fault.... 
  • Depression - maybe that's where all creatives' work comes from---trying to 'fill that hole' with more stories going on into the future, hoping to give the future more ...
  • Acceptance & Hope - we know that all the family-members will go on & live & prosper & bear more family-members who will go on & live & prosper & etc.; but we creatives need to know- and show you-how they go about doing that.

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments