I Didn't Know about the #WritersLift until Twitter either, Ms. @GoodeWriter; Will it Bring More #Fans? | @theWritersLift @WritLift @WritersLift @LombardEmma @ajavuu @WillieHandler @KathrynDarden

It seems like I've only known about #WritersLift for a little while.

The idea seems to be that--when you see a fellow Twitter-user is "offering a #WritersLift--you provide reply to that Tweet with links to your writing (books, blogs, forum-posts, etc.), and they'll retweet your reply to get it seen by all of their followers.

Whenever I see someone offering a #WritersLift, I give them this blog's address (not 'this post,' but 'this whole blog') with a little description of what it is---something like 'journalizing whatever interests me, usually focusing on its words' etymology'; and I usually retweet the #WritersLift-offer so that my Twitter-followers can use it too.

But I wanted to be sure, so I searched & found Justiss Goode's Medium.com article about "the writer's lift." And I link to it through "Fans" & "Fancy" below, but first I want to understand those words better. And I find that you understand words better if you know the words at their base (and the words at the base of those words, and the words at the base of ... etc.-etc.)

The word “Fans (or #Fan #Fanatic #Fancy #BigFan #YourBiggestFan #FanClub #FanBase #AllMyFans #Fans #FanMail)” is built on ancient words that mean “Festive” (Feast; Temple, Shrine, Consecrated Place; Mad, Enthusiastic, Inspired by a God; Insane Person). 
"Fancy" (in this instance) is a contraction of the word Fantasy, and it (specifically #THEfancy) is used to refer to a group of the fans of a particular Sport or Hobby (especially Boxing or Baseball).

You can probably read the article at the link above; but Google told me it's 'one of just-a-few free articles they'll let me read this month,' so I'll summarize (I was mostly right, except it's something that involves 'all the writers who go to the #WritersLift-page and read and share their reading & writing every Friday) and quote her 'footers' below.
DEAR READER: 
The advice and opinions I shared in this story are not taken from a text book, nor do I profess to be an expert. I only aim to share how I handled the situation when this happened to me, OR how I feel about it if it were to ever happen. The views I express are part of the many life lessons I discovered on my journey to self improvement.

Browse through over 350 stories I published since I began writing on Medium. | Let’s be friends on TWITTER: @GoodeWriter

Not a Medium Member yet? Join now with my referral link: https://justissgoode.medium.com/membership


My search also brought up:

Comments