@USATODAY explains #PalmSunday to us Mortals

In the news shared in my WowApp, USATODAY's article (linked through the bold text below) explains Christians' celebration of Palm Sunday.

Palm Sunday is the Sunday before 'Resurrection Sunday' (a.k.a. Easter)---in remembrance of 'how Lord Jesus Christ entered #Jerusalem, riding a #Donkey (not a Stallion) down Roads the citizens had #Carpeted with Palm Branches
'Entering Jerusalem' is significant as many felt He was entering the city in order to conquer it (we know He was entering to conquer ... to conquer sin by sacrificing Himself, not to win Jerusalem back from Rome for the Jews).

The word “Jerusalem” is built on ancient words that mean "Foundation of Peace."

'That He was riding a Donkey' is significant because a) the Donkey was a symbol of Humility & Peace (long before it symbolized ... opposition to elephants, or whatever it is Democrats think it means), 
and b) Old Testament prophecy foretold that "Your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a Donkey, on a colt (the foal of a Donkey)."

The word “Donkey” is built on ancient words that mean "|Dull Gray-|Brown (Faded, |Dull Colors, |Dun)" or is a play on the name |Duncan.

#Donkeys #Donk #Donks
The word “Carpeted (to coat as with a #Carpet)” is built on ancient words that mean "Thick Woolen (or Cotton?) Cloth (from words that mean 'to Gather, Pluck, |Harvest')."
#Carpets #Carpeting

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'
And so it goes.
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments