It's Been a Long Time since I've Worn #ChurchClothes ... although those #Clothes might be better-called "Formal Wear" ... #Cloth #Clothing


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


'Formal-Wear,' like my dad wore to the office everyday; as opposed to 'Casual-Wear,' like I wear (whenever I'm not wearing pajamas 😜)

I called the formal-wear "church-clothes" because church-services were 'the only event to which I regularly wore the formal-wear' (aside from the rare Orchestra Concert or Banuet etc.). I suppose the idea was that we were 'attending a presentation in God's throne-room.'

Lately, it's become more-&-more like we're 'going to a rally (like in public-school, "an assembly in the gym-atorium")'—just wear whatever clothes you happen to have on.

'That word' (below, hyperlinked to discount-offers on top-brand clothing delivered to your door) is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Clothes” is built on Bedrock beneath “Garments for the Body, |Dress, |Woven- or |Felted |Material one Wraps |Around oneself” (Distinctive clothes |Worn by a Group (leading to "The Cloth" meaning the |Profession of |Clergy)

I suppose 'formal wear' might also be considered 'the parishoners' church-uniform' (although it's not limited to 'one type of suit-&-tie or dress,' there were "acceptable- & unacceptable variations" ... 'church-members could tell by looking,' I guess).

For me personally, 'church-clothes' lost its meaning when I lived alone for a few years. Though I did go to a church nearby, I soon 'switched churches' (still Christian, but a 'non-denominational' rather than the Catholic- or Methodist church). And–since I didn't use a car–I wore clothes more for 'the long walk to church' than for 'the throne-room.'

In my current situation, I'm taken by-car to 'wherever I go'; but I haven't quite returned to 'the habit of church-clothes'—maybe it's because I firmly believe that 'whatever I wear is "fine" (even if it's "the clothes I woke-up in (not pajamas, but sometimes I "rough it")"),' maybe it's another "sign of the times," whatever.


Or am I looking at that wrong (or 'wrongly' 🤓)? Tell
 me how-wrong/right I am in the comments below 😁

Comments