a @Quora comment I made discusses #Constituents ... is that related to "Constitution"?

|That word| seems important; so I found out a little more about |that word| (below-linked to my comment that brought |that word| to my attention) and share my findings with you below.
The word |Constituents| sits at the peak of the high tower above the ancient word *sta- "to Cause to Stand, make or be Firm" (the same foundation as that beneath Constitution), but (adding the Intensive prefix (see Com-)) evolved through ancient words that mean "to Set in Order, Appoint to an Office, Resolve, Form something new, Establish, |Place, FixSet Up, Elect a Representative
"and (for the adjective) Essential, Characteristic, Existing as a Necessary |Component."
just like #Constituent #Constituency

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'



Comments