Why Your @HeroWarsWEB-squad needs a #Tank

On the RPG Hero Wars (subject of the post linked through the bold text below), the soldier who plays the role of a Tank "fights in the front line absorbing damage to protect the other heroes in the player's team."

The word “Tank” is built on ancient words that mean Reservoir (influenced by words that mean "|Pond, |Lake, Pool, Large Artificial Container for Fuel or -Water (or -Drunks or -Losers/Criminals), Holding Back a Current, |Stanch, |Cistern, |Detention Cell ... the Military Vehicle was given that code-name because of the appearance of the original "Armored, Gun-|Mounted Vehicle moving on Continuous |Articulated Tracks," and the one-syllable code-name stuck).

The meaning "to Lose or Fail (Give-up)" is from the verb-sense of 'being put into a Tank' (like the #DrunkTank (|Detention Cell for Drunks))---originating in Tennis Jargon, in a LIFE Magazine interview with Billie Jean King

the same base as #Tanks #Tanked #Tanking #OilTank #TankTop
 (originally the name for a one-piece bathing-suit) #Tanker #ThinkTank
 #Tankard

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments