What Convinces Certain #HoroscopeSigns to Align Their Personalities with These #Tracts? | @Astromenon @Microsoft @AstroTwins @Wikipedia @AFA_Astrologers

I see these 'characteristic-assignments' for each of the zodiac-signs, and I wonder, "Why?" Well ...


Some of the reasoning (behind those characteristics) is linked through 'the main word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word "Tracts (\ #Tract)" (meaning of a word at the base of "Trait") is built on ancient words that mean "to Draw, Drag, Move" (Trace, Track, |Ebb ... as in America's #TractHousing) or -on ancient words that mean Handle (|Treat ... the Little Book, Treatise or mini-flyers that urban (maybe #Tractarian) missionaries hand out).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Astromenon only 'lists' them (and talks a little bit about their meaning), and doesn't discuss 'how the first astrologers came up with the traits'; but I'll go ahead and list them all below (before I discuss my suspicions):
Well, they don't tell how each sign is assigned its characteristics--how the astrologers decided the sign's children have certain proclivities (on the linked page, anyway ... they might explain 'each sign's assignments' on each sign's- or element's page)

--but they tell us which signs are which Elements (EarthFireAir or Water ... different ways people react to their surroundings) & -are which Quality (the Cardinal-, Fixed- or Mutable attitude toward life).

Looking for that image, I also saw a depiction of the elements of the Chinese Horoscope (where your sign is given by 'the YEAR you were born) ... elements which don't include 'Air' but -which do include Wood & Metal. I saw those elements in a picture that described how the Chinese Horoscope's elements control- or enhance one another.

... But back to my original question: How did they assign the Elements & Qualities to each of the Signs or Symbols? maybe a search for 'Inventing the Horoscope' ... that brings up ...
(yes, I could've said 'one-million, one-hundred-thousand,' but ... ehh ...)

... quite a bit of reading to handle there---so I'll guess (before/until I read otherwise) that the horoscopes' 'children' (what should I call them, "Havers of Signs"?) were generally observed to have the various attitudes & philosophies, and astrologers deduced the sign's characteristics from that. We'll see ... lots of reading to do ... when we feel like it ...

Comments