I 'Register as an #Independent (Politically),' but--even if I weren't a Legal #Dependant of my Guardians--I wouldn't fool myself into forgetting My True #Dependence @Dictionarycom #Depend #Independence #Dependent #Dependable #Dependably #Depending


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


'That word' (below-hyperlinked to a post about online-readers' "Bounce" or "Engagement") is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word “Depend” is built on ancient words that mean "From, |Down (De-) + to |Hang, |Weigh (|Draw, Stretch, Spin)."

The Dictionary implies that 'dependEnt' and 'dependAnt' are synonyms, that they are both pronounced "d&schwa;nt,' and that both words mean both 'the noun' AND 'the adjective'; but I 1) pronounce the '-dant'-ending "DANT" (you know, rhyming with the insect) and 2) use the one ending with '-dent' as an adjective and -the one ending with '-dant' as a noun.

(I would tell you 'that's how they're supposed to be used,' but I lack the 'patch of vellum' that verifies that I've spent years-&-years studying these things (i.e. a college-degree).)






Know anything else interesting about that? Comment!

Comments