#BlogChange: Lord Jesus Christ's #ParableOfTheSower from #TheSower's #Perspective @prayerDotOrg @noLoLaw @GNMagazine @LawlessEnglish

There might be something more to that word (below-hyperlinked to The Gospel's telling of Lord Jesus' telling of The Parable ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which the our lexicon stands ...

The word “Perspective” (#Perspectives) is built on words that mean“Through (Forward) + Look at ( |Observe)” (Science of |Optics, Mental |Outlook over Time, Method of |Drawing that Communicates Distance or |Depth).

You know The Parable of The Sower--The Sower (hired by The Farm-Owner---if farmer not doing the sowing himself, as many translations put it) strews the seed "hither-&-yon" in the area; some falls on the path (street?), some on rocky & shallow ground, some on ground that's full of weeds, and some on clear & fertile ground (and provides a 30-, 60-, or hundred-fold Harvest); 

a metaphor for (at least between Jesus & His disciples, according to The Gospels) 'when people hear a message but don't understand it,' 'when people understand a message but don't apply it to their lives,' 'when people apply a message for the wrong reason' and 'when people hear the message from God & apply it righteously for the Glory of God (gaining a share of his abundance)' (respectively).

The overarching idea there is that 'we who hear the parable' (both 'I' (or is it 'me'?) who repeats it & -its meanings, and you-all who hear it from me) are "the types of ground"---some too young to understand it, some old enough to understand but not yet ready to use it, some (understanding & ready to use it) who're too involved in 'the eat-or-be-eaten world' to use it right, and others who use it right and are richly rewarded.
But I 'fancy myself' a "Freelance Sower/Farmer" in a world full of 'Freelance Sower/Farmers' (maybe "Freelance" isn't the word I mean there; I'm going for the image of 'a Rambling Jack-of-All-Trades' with Words')

---I have no farms-or-gardens of my own (well, I do; but a) they're not "mine" so much as they're "others' who graciously let me use the spaces as long as the plants there aren't harmful to anyone (Adverse Possession (Squatters' Rights?) ... again, only if the owners grant it)," & b) my garden-spots' abundance doesn't serve 'itself' so much as it serves 'the abundance of the passer-by'), 

and most of my Seeds are taken from the Fruit of other Sowers/Farmers' Crops (other Sowers/Farmers who are Attributed as those Seeds' Origin, so that a) you can go to them for more of 'that Seed's Fruit' but b) you know my Seeds are at-least Influenced by theirs).

(In this new perspective, we're all Sowers. The Plants (Gardens-Spots/Farm-Fields/Fruit-Trees/Vegetable-Crops/Berry-Bushes/Meats/Milks/Burden-Beasts ... each of which I/we might assign 'specific types of media'-to) are our media.) 

I hope 'my Plants' (the ones from others' seeds--yes--on others' ground--maybe, being mostly on social-media--but planted & tended-to by me) are useful to you as yours are useful to me---encouraging you to come back to 'My Garden-Spots' to sample the crops there & fertilize the seeds you take to your garden-spots.


(Oh, you deserve more rewards if you're good & kind & just & wise in the use of past rewards; but no reward is "yours" if you don't take it and make it yours!)

Comments