How I Got #Famous (or maybe #Fame hasn't found me yet; but #HopeSpringsEternal, yeah?) | @mikeszcz @NYpost #Famously #Famed #infamous #Unfamous

We discuss it (a discussion you GET PAID TO JOIN) in a forum linked through 'that word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Fame” carries the scent of “to Speak, Tell, Say” (probably influenced by Fama (Greek phēmē), the name of the Roman Goddess who personified Rumor---her name also meaning Common Report, News, Word, |Divine Utterance, Reputation, Gossip, Opinion).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



What 'kept me unfamous' (or 'made me famous because I stuck to its principle' 🌟) was 'my acceptance of a lesser definition of "Published"' (well; not necessarily a 'lesser' definition, but more like "a definition that didn't require the participants necessary to make it synonymous with 'Famous' 🤦‍♂️").

When I was in college, I wanted to be published; but--with all the troubles that were going on in my life (the ones that everyone has, yes--relatives-getting sick and dying, -going through relationship problems, -dealing with employment-problems--but also being a brain-injury survivor, and thus being unable to do many of the things that most people do without even thinking about it---mostly driving a car (a skill that's crucial in 'Urban Sprawl'-ed cities like the one I live in), and maybe the skill of 'behaving like I'm held to the same ettiquette-standard as you'🤴 etc.)--

I settled for the "having my words be made publicly visible"-definition (like I'm currently doing with Google/Blogspot, AT&T U-verse ... like I've done for years with myLot, WordPress; and going back to Xomba, Associated Content (not to be confused with Associated Press), even Yahoo! Geocities (remember them?),

(There's also been MySpace, maybe Friendster, all leading to Facebook (and all sorts of copycats who promised all the riches of Social Networking (and mostly delivered the community, but fell short of the expected delivery of cash) ... tho I'm sure a lot of them are still out there; and are probably pretty good in their own right, like NextDoor, LinkedIn, Plarium ...

(some consider Youtube a social-network, and thus might also consider Rumble, and "President Trump's" TRUTH (The Really Ugly Thrill-Haul? Totally Revved Up Toward Hamburgers?) Social)

and I know most people are quick to prefix that (even
 correcting themselves if they mention 'President Trump'
 without the prefix) former-President Trump;

but I hear that former-Presidents' stationary announces
 them each as "President!" no suffix included!

But the media anchors' self-correction is understood,
 as you don't want it in recorded archives that you think
 the former President is now the current President;
 or else you'll be dismissed as another Qrazy Qonspiracy-
Theorist!

I think the closest I ever got to 'being published' in the "standard" way was 'when OKLAHOMA GAZETTE published my Letters to the Editor.'









Comments