If 'the guy on @TheUnicornCBS' is a Unicorn, does that make Me a #Griffin?

I'll tell you what I'm talking about below (it's kind of a SPOILER), so first ...

The word “Griffin” is built on ancient words that mean "Curved Hook-Nose (Lion with the Head-&-|Wings (& Front-|Claws, looking at the picture) of an Eagle, Guarding |Scythia's Gold in Greek Mythology)" (rooted in- or influenced by-the Hebrew for "a |Winged Angel" & the Akkadian for the Bull-|Colossus (see |Cherub) or the Louisiana Creole for "Mulatto (|Mixed-Race)" or that meant "Newly-Arrived European (Strange |Hybrid Animal)" in British India).
just like #Gryphon #Hippogriff
The name “Griffin” (if not just inspired by that word) is a form of the name #Gruffudd, built on ancient words that mean "Strong Lord, -Prince."
just like #Grifud #Griffith #Gruffyd #Gruffud #Guto
 #Griffiths

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


THE UNICORN is a sitcom about a widower (with two daughters) and his adventures entering 'the dating arena' after his wife's been dead for a year.

In the first episode, one of his friends explains that--as a devoted father and "recent" widower and generally-not-too-bad guy--he is 'a unicorn'---the creature whom all the single ladies dream-of, so perfect a situation that they can't believe it's real.

I hope that first line didn't spoil it TOO hard (by revealing 'the entire plot')---I'm sure the geniuses in their writers' room will come up with a ton more 'complexities' that he & his intrusive friends will work their way out-of.

Like in one episode, where his friends 'enroll' him in a widowhood support-group ... I don't know if he goes back to it more than just 'the one time to give them another chance' (the first time he goes, he sees that they're all "widows"--not guys, but gals (all wanting to discuss "women's matters")).

But he does find out that he deserves anger! Anger at 'people who think they "know what he's going through" when THEY HAVE NO IDEA!'

(I don't understand.) ... No, you don't. And that's the point. I sincerely hope that you guys will never understand. (SIGHS) Look, when Jill died, I lost my best friend. And we were supposed to have our whole lives together.

But we're not. And that's not fair. And-and it's never gonna be fair. But what I learned in that group was I don't have an anger problem; my problem was I was ashamed of my anger. But you know what? I-I need my anger. It's what makes me human.

So, here it is. All of you happily married people all over the entire world, you can kiss my widowed ass! Oh, my God! That felt so good! Ha! That felt so good!

- It did?
- Yes, I...

I think I needed to get that out.


My
 wife ... was pre-widowed. 'The person who I was going to grow up to be' (a stable provider) died when I suffered the brain-injury. I live on, carrying a burden that you can never understand. Oh, you can dismiss it with the idea that "you know exactly what's wrong ... and 'there--but by the grace of God--go I.'" 

But you have no idea ... and I hope you never do, because it would kill most people (another scale on which I'm "lucky" to be in the upper echelon.) Oh, there are a few 'awareness months' it makes me a part of--TBI Awareness Month, Mental Health Awareness month, a month for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Music Therapy, Speech Therapy, etc.;

But 'knowing that I'm carrying a heavy burden' and 'feeling the pain I feel' are two blessedly different things.

My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments