I Don't Believe in #Racism ... at-least Not in the Way @KnowingBetterYT tells us it works | @grammarphobia #Race #Racist #Racial #Racially

Racism ... What is Racism? 

Knowing Better explains it in a video linked through 'that word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

”The word “Racist” is built on ancient words that mean “Breed, Lineage, Family (Tribe, Nation ... the Italians had razza meaning Species, Kind) + one Who Does or Makes.” 
The word “Race” can also be built on ancient words that mean “to |Rush, Be in Motion (Err)” or "a |Swift Running (of Water, usually)."

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


On his video, I made a little comment where I quoted the common saying that "I'm racist---totally supremacist for the HUMAN race!" but is 'the human race' even correct (when actually talking about the human species)?

they find us in the kingdom Anamalia, phylum Chordata, class Mammalia, order Primate, family Hominidae (subfamily Homininae, tribe Hominini), genus Homo, species Human

nothing about "Race"---at-least not in 'the diagram.' The Wikipedia-page they link to
 says that humans used 'race' to name their various Phenotypes---at first regarded
 as "subspecies," but current anthropologists reject such classification and see humanity
 as more of 'a complex genetic continuum.'

So why did they start calling our species "The Human Race"?

... Anyway, my 'disbelief in racism' came up when I responded to a fellow Twitter-er who was complaining about the fact that--for an alleged murder that was racially motivated (two white boys being accused of murdering a black man)--the jury was mostly white people.

I ... I just don't get it, do you?

 

Comments