#Species #Specie #SubSpecies #Speciesism #Specimen #Speciation #Intraspecific #Interspecific #Conspecific #Specious


The word “Species” is built on ancient words that mean “to Observe” (|Distinct Class of something |Based on Common |Characteristics to |Look-for).


... On a totally-irrelevant-tangent (not relevant to 'the etymology of these words' nor 'the events that inspired the connected topics,' but relevant to 'my hyperlinking-decision above'): I'm seeing how I could've used the above 'Species'-link to "RickRoll" you to Amazon's offering of the movie(s) of the same name;
But a) that/those movie(s) aren't the topic(s ... I don't even know if there are more than one 'Species' movie!) that bring up the word 'Species,' and b) tho I've seen that/those movie(s) advertised enough that the word makes me think of them, I either have never seen them or can't distinguish them from the many-many other high quality sci-fi action flicks that flood the mind right now.

Truth-be-told, I didn't even remember that it starred Natasha Henstridge & not Milla Jovovich (star of another, more-memorable sci-fi action flick).

Comments