Pastor @RonCarpenter (of @MyRedemptionCC) on How YHWH's Plan looks to us: #Gradual Nothings up to Suddenly BAM!

This morning, I heard Ron Carpenter's sermon on 'how things happen'---gradual 'progress' (although he referred to it as "nothing-nothing-nothing-nothing-nothing ..."), followed by sudden.

I'll try to share the service 'below the base(s) I'm looking-at,' but first ... I noticed that 'the base that holds up "Sudden"' means (in line with 'how Pastor Ron was using it') #Arrive - kinda like when you're making a journey somewhere: you start "with one step," and--little step after little step--it feels like you're going nowhere ...

Then 'suddenly' you turn left-or-right, and you're on "a totally different path" (oh, our huge brains know it's 'the next part of THE SAME path we started on' (usually); but our 'little brains' don't have such a huge perspective) ...

then it's "nothing-nothing-nothing-nothing-nothing ..." then ANOTHER turn; and again-&-again until BAM! you Arrive! (kinda like this 'sudden' web of connected wordroots started out as 'Hey, this word came from another word that came from another word that came from ... I wonder how far the roots reach!')

The word “Gradual” is built on ancient words that mean "Ascending the |Staircase."
#Gradually #Gradualism #Gradualist #Gradualistic
The word “Arrive” is built on ancient words that mean "To the Shore (reaching the end of a journey by sea ... see Riparian, Ad-)."
#Arrives #Arrived #Arriving #Arrival #Arrivals #Arriviste


And so it goes.
My New Mantra (one of several)

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments