Have a Good #Lovelife (Even Tho that "Life" Part Gets In the Way) @Bing @WealthyLoveLife @PrayerDotOrg @BishopJakes @YouTube

'That word' (below-hyperlinked to some thoughts on 'dating') is built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which our lexicon stands ...

The word |Lovelife| (one's Collective |Amorous Activities) was originally Psychological Jargon---I'm not familiar with 'the writings that refers-to,' but searching-for-it turned up some interesting reading ...





Why is one's 'lovelife' considered to be separate from one's "regular life"? And of-course I don't mean the "carnal" aspect of it, but rather the "chivalrous" parts of it?

As a child, I was under the impression that you "go out and be a good citizen" and you ... you just "get" married (to your soul-mate ... just like 'graduating from high-school' or 'getting a Social Security Number').

A brush with death at the age of 14 made me permanently unemployable (I don't know ... I think I'm employable, but I know I'm too immature (in terms of persistent patience) to do tasks on someone else's schedule---but that's just 'in my head'; my problem is obviously something I'm too damaged to comprehend).

Permanently unemployable, I did not learn 'how to pitch woo'---I had no money to take girls out on dates, and (a brain-injury survivor not even halfway-through recovering mobility at that time) girls weren't "lining up" to ask me out.
... And here's where I change the subject from 'why I don't have much
 of a "lovelife" to speak-of' to 'why I don't have the relationship that
 people develop "lovelives"-for.'

So you'd think (after 20-or-30 years of doing "just fine" all alone, and with all the 'proudly single' comedians out there) I'd have "made my peace with it"--accepting that a wife-&-kids just "aren't in the cards for me," mostly-because I wouldn't be an adequate husband (at least not serving the purpose most women need fulfilled---an extra paycheck for the household)--

but a) my "soul" cries out for a companion, a "suitable help-mate" (I like the way Bishop T.D. Jakes said it ... it was in a sermon a few years ago, and these recorded sermons are long---he also mentions, "created he them," "Adam was created with Eve inside of him, but he could not Partner-&-Produce with her inside of him ... they produced after he Partnered with 'what was pulled out of him" (not an exact quote, but more like 'repeating what he said'))---both because "family" has always been a real source-of-strength for me and because ... well, The Bible puts it "It is not good for the man to be alone"; but modern science puts it this way ...

and b) ... probably repeating (a)---I start to feel "useless" (i.e. no "position to fulfill"---I suppose I keep feeling that I should've been a father by now ... maybe that's the main reason why Catholic priests (INfamously CELibate) are given the title "Father"---so they don't feel 'wrong' tho they're physically "not right"). The 'modern science' hyperlinked above (more "observing the way the world works"- than "testing theories in laboratory-conditions"-science) observes the major factors in building a relationship
But the main factor I'm falling short in is "Proximity" ... and possibly the 'Sexual Attraction'-factor---I'm not familiar with what makes a man "Attractive" (visually, anyway) because I'm too much "a gentleman" to out-&-out ask.

(I'm still reading the 'WealthyLoveLife'-reports, so--while I'm sure the
 writer specifies exactly what he means when he's using terms that may
 imply something negative ("empty" love, "fatuous" love)--I don't know
 if he means it to mean what it means ... knowwhatImean?)

Comments