Digging 'All the Way Down' (at least to the god-name #Setesh) on "Watchers" | @StackExchange @RPGnet @tubi

This morning, I browsed through tubi to find- & start rewatching-the series HIGHLANDER---the series about the ancient race of Immortals & their 'eternal' melee-tournament; inspired by a movie/saga by the same name.

The first episode doesn't introduce The Watchers, but a) I am a Watcher (according to most of the online personality-exams I take), b) "Joe Dawson" was the first Watcher I was a fan-of (maybe I saw Giles' predecessor Merrick, but I really respected The Immortals' Watchers first), and c) I suspect that the "kid" (or '20-something playing 17') actually became a Watcher (the way most of them become Watchers---by witnessing a duel and the following quickening).

All that, plus the presence of The Watcher in the MCU (also mentioned in the forum linked through the god-name below) inspired me to 'research' beneath all the already-researched words below ... inspiring this post's title (with a little help from the title John Green used).

One of the ancient words that support the word "Watchers" means "Vigilant"; one of the ancient words that support the word "Vigilant" means "Look"; one of the ancient words that support the word "Look" means "Eye"; one of the ancient words that support the word "Eye" means "Mind"; one of the ancient words that support the word "Mind" means "Memory"; one of the ancient words that support the word "Memory" means "Remember";

The main supporter of "Remember" means "Mind," and--rather than 'go back and look for another support (of one of the previous words) to dig on'--I dug on the 'other support of remember' ...

... the ancient word that means "Again"; one of the ancient words that support the word "Again" means "Oppose"; one of the ancient words that support the word "Oppose" means "Set"; the word "Set" is the name of a god who is also known as "Setesh"---patron of the 11th 'Nome' (Province) of Egypt, Sky God, Lord of the Desert, Master of Storms & Disorder &     Warfare (a Trickster), Embodiment of Necessary- & Creative Violence--Chaos--whose name means "Overmaster" or "Overpowering."
a.k.a. #Seth #Setekh #Sutekh #Suti #Aberamentho #Ash #BaAl #IaoSabaoth #Nubti #Typhon #TheGreatLonghorn #GreatOfStrenth #HeBeforeWhomTheSkyShakes #HeOfTheTwoFaces #LordOfTheRedLands #LordOfTwofoldStrength #MasterOfTheImperishableOnes #ChampionOfRa #SonOfNut #BigRed #ClovenHoof #HolyJackass #PrinceOfDarkness

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'

So I start thinking, 'Is there a way to "become a member" of The Watchers' Order (or whatever The Watchers call their organization---either of the Watcher-groups ... unless of-course they are 'the same group)?'

But thinking about it a little more---maybe I am a member of The Watchers (because I keep/share this journal of my observations), and--the same way Joe Daviola 'sired' me into The Watchers' Order--I'm siring you into our ranks!
cover-screen of a trailer for a Kindle-novel (linked through the picture) by Deborah L. Alten

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments