'Journalizing' my Watching #itinerary (current selections from @ATT @Uverse, @Amazon @PrimeVideo, @Disney @DisneyPLUS, @NETFLIX, @HBOMAX ... | @okhistory @TheOklahoman_ #itineraries

I explains the tirade I extract from my Itinerary(-or-itineraries) in a report linked through 'that word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Itinerary” is built on ancient words that mean Journey (Go, Record of a Journey, Proposed Route of a Future Journey ... Etymonline has #Itinerant & #Itinerate on a margin-list, but doesn't say whether they're related at all in the main text (though they're all based on the same words)).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



My itinerary is MOSTLY on AT&T's U-Verse; and I'm sure I HAVE over-100 channels, but the only ones I regularly WATCH are ...
    The 6-or-7 I've known since childhood (mainly because they were on 'Antenna TV,' which was "what EVERYBODY had" back when Cable-TV was "extra"): 
  • The Big 3---NBC (carried by KFOR/KTVY), ABC (KOCO) & CBS (KWTV); 
  • As I mentioned, Cable-Television 'invaded'---starting-out as 'something extra,' then--with The Internet popping up (originally over phone-lines)--becoming 'the only way to watch TV' (I don't know if they still broadcast in the air, and--having AT&T'S U-Verse--don't really care much)
    • I'll review that history later, but first I'll list 'the channels I watch' out of U-Verse's hundreds:
    • channels I Watch on Occasion (when I'm scrolling through the channels-guide & see a movie or special I want to see): A&E, AMC, American Heroes channels. BBC America, BET, Boomerang, Bravo, CMT, CNBC, Crime & Investigation Network, Disney, EPIX, EWTN, ET, fuse, FX, GAC, GSN, Hallmark, HBO Comedy, History, Lifetime, LOGO, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, STARZ channels (with a few STARZ Encore channels), Stingray Karaoke, SYFY (formerly The SciFi channel), TBN, TBS, TMC, TLC, TNT, truTV, TCM, TV Land, TV One, USA Network, WE
    • Regular Programming: MSNBC, Comedy Central, C-SPAN (1, 2, & 3 ... mostly 3, I'm a History-nerd), Daystar, HBO (for a few 'comedy' shows, but I think they're on 'the main network'), Heroes & Icons, MTV Classic (or maybe I'm mixing that up with VH1 Classic)
  • 'What encouraged Cable to take such dominance' was probably the Streaming channels available

Comments