I Don't Think I'm a #Junkie, but @SurveyJunkie might Get me Hooked Yet! | @SeaFever

See if they'll make a Junkie outta YOU at the site linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...
The word “Junkie” (slang for 'an Addict (particularly one hooked on Drugs)') is built of #Junk (slang for |Narcotics) + the pet-name suffix used in |Laddie, Baby, Puppy, Johnny, Kitty ... |Jakie? 😏
The word "Junk" is built on ancient words that mean |Rush, Reed (relating it to C.A.N.O.E.-origins referring to Old, Reusable |Sailing-|Equipment (including the Salted Meat used on Long Voyages), rooted in the Chinese name for a Large Sailing Ship or -|Boat). #JunkFood #JunkArt #JunkMail #JunkBond #Junked #Junking #Junker #Junkman #JunkShop #Junky





Comments