Curious/Nervous (eg #Nurvious?) about Why I'm Not an 'Executive Moderator' on #Reddit; Fear? Redneck-edness? ... Humbleness? | @Reddit #RewindCapture

Watching the latest episode of AXIOS today, there was a long interview with the CEO of reddit (talking about various things like 'why they don't censor as much' or whatever), and I wonder, 'Why haven't I gotten around to "forming the kind of support-group I need" there yet?'

Well, I 'logged-on' today; and I "find out" I've been a member of reddit for THREE YEARS ... and yet I've only posted ONE comment (and haven't "joined any subreddits" that I know of).

My reddit profile is linked through 'the main word' below; but I feel it's more important to understand that word better. And I find that you understand words better when you look at the other words at the bases of the words you're thinking-of ...

The word “Nurvious” is a portmanteau of the words #Nervous & Curious. #Nurviousness #Nurviosity #Nurviosities 
The word “Nervous” is built on ancient words that mean Sinew, #Nerve ("Suffering a Disorder in your Nervous System" leads to the illogical sense of 'Nervous' meaning "Restless, Agitated, Lacking Confidence, Weak, Timid" ... causing the medical community to replace it with the word Neurological in their lexicon). #Nervously #Nervousness #NervousWreck #NervousBreakdown 
The word “Nerve” is built on ancient words that mean Tendon (Band ... though its current definition--like 'the condition of Hysteria'--developed from the idea that it's 'a Cord between your Brain and your Spinal-Cord and your Body-Parts,' but the foundation leads to the #NervesOfSteel-sense "Strength, Vigor, Force, Energy, Fortitude and Courage in the face of danger."

(Maybe that's why it developed the bad sense of Impudence, Boldness, Cheek.) #Nerves #GetsOnMyNerves #Nerved #Nerving #NerveEndings #Enervation #Innervate #Nerval #Nervation #Nerveless #NerveRacking #NerveWracking #Nervose #Nervosity #Nervy #Unnerve

The word “reddit” (aside from their wish for readers to use the Pun "I Read It on reddit") is built on ancient words that mean "to Submit for Consideration or -Approval."

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Enter your email address:

Delivered by
FeedBurner


I thought about it a little, and decided I'm 'nurvious' about starting a subreddit because I'm not quite a 'leader,' but more a "Number One."


Comments