#WhatIsThis Blog #Supposed to Be? | #Suppose #Supposing #Supposition #Supposedly #Presuppose #Presupposition #Suppository #Supposal ... #Supposably?

I'll get into "what I'm asking" beneath 'that word' below; but first I want to understand that word better. And I find you understand words better if you look at 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum)

The word “Suppose” is built on ancient words that mean "to Put-, Place Under" (Sub-, Position).

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Etymonline says "supposably" is a word, but a) my Google
 Chrome spell-checker says it's not (offering the options "supposable,
 supposal, supposedly") and b) I remember this scene from F*R*I*E*N*D*S ...
Thinking about this blog---I'm wanting it to be "a resource" (like Wikipedia, but mostly just for 'understanding what "people who speak English" are saying'), but I'm 'introducing it to the network' as "comments & thoughts of 'a fellow audience-member' (that's me)."

'A resource ... that's written as "conversation from a fellow"' ... sounds like The Bible to me (particularly like The Epistles---which essentially were written advice from leader-to-leader, but are now "What The Bible says"---'The Bible-Believers' (known (diminutively) as The Bible-Thumpers) claim that The Epistles were--like the Prophecy-books & The Bible's History-books & its gospels--'God-breathed' (that the Apostles & Prophets & Historians were merely 'taking dictation from YHVH'), making 'What The Bible Says' mean "Written Orders from the Ultimate Commander."

But I digress ... Through 'the authority people give That Book,' those "Advice Letters" are upgraded to 'Messages from The Commander.' I suppose that's why I write this as--not "textbook reports"--but 'notes from a fellow media-watcher': maybe I 'know more than you about God's interaction with the world,' but I can only tell you 'what he lets me tell you' (or--if you agree that 'God doesn't tell us what he's saying'--'what he would probably say about the situation').

Comments