Why Do People Think it Means #Dictation (rather than 'Promise') when they say "The Word" (of God)? | @Quora

And how did 'I give you my Word' not come to mean "this is my story" (but continues to mean 'I swear')?

I start to discuss this mix-up on the paying forum that you can access through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Dictation” is built on ancient words that mean "to Say, Speak, Show, Pronounce Solemnly."
#Dictaphone #Dictograph #TakeDictation

SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow



How did #IGiveYouMyWord come to mean mean "I swear"? Guesses from another forum include 'use of one's family-name as guarantee on a promise,' The Bible's Gospel-story where the centurion tells Jesus "Just say the word, and my servant must be healed" ...

Comments