#Draculalogy---'like' #Vampirology, but ... Mutated/Created-Differently? @History @LyraScotch @forConscious #Dracula #Vampire #Vampirism


Subscribe FREE to be notified when I uncover more strength here.


I know I'm a few weeks late (or a few dozen weeks early for next year?); but I just got-around-to watching a few Dracula-movies, and–as "origin-stories" are fascinating sometimes–I'm fascinated by the various origins of Dracula.

But–since 'the origin of Dracula' is sometimes
 crucial to the plot-twists of some of these movies– ...



I don't know if the book by Bram Stoker ever went into Dracula's origin, but the movie attributed to Bram Stoker tells us that 'Dracula' (Vlad Dracul? -the Third?) went to war and–when word came back that he was missing & presumed dead–his bride killed herself. He wasn't dead, so when Dracula returned home, found his wife had killed herself, and learned that the church doomed her to Hell (where all the suicides go), he declared,
I Dracula, Voivode of Transylvania turn my back on God! And all you hypocrites who feed off him! If my beloved burns in hell--so shall I. I--I will arise from my own death to avenge hers with all the powers of darkness!... "The blood is the life," And it shall be mine. (Cradling Elizabeth, he drinks the church's cup of wine-transubstantiated-into-blood for a rush of fresh life.) 
I'm also remembering his origin in BLADE III, where he was just 'unique' (like Blade himself, but not necessarily "because his mother was bitten by a vampire when she was pregnant with him").

Most recently, I saw Dracula 2000 where it was 'revealed' that Dracula was actually Judas Iscariot (attributing vampires' "aversion to silver" to the 30 pieces Judas was paid to hand Jesus over to the Romans; and attributing vampires' "invisibility in mirrors" to 'the traitors' images being an affront to God').


Looking-up some vampire-history, I find 1) though Vlad Dracul III (a.k.a. Vlad the Impaler) had no direct connection to vampire-myths, Bram Stoker was inspired by Dracul's common habit of dining amid his dying enemies & dipping his bread in their blood; and 2) superstitions of vampires arose from plagues of porphyria & rabies & goiter in the Middle Ages ... plagues with symptoms that could be relieved by ingesting some blood, it was said.

But 'Dracula' & 'vampires' are two different things. That's important, because ...

Well, let's look at 'those words' first. Built on an even-deeper source ... something crucial that firms the foundation upon which the our lexicon stands ...

The name |Dracula| is built on “Son of the Dragon” ( |Drake).
The word |Vampire| is built on Foundations that are hard to find ... some say Witch, but others find that 'phonetically doubtful' (but they don't then say where the actual base is ... like atheists, who don't know 'how creation began' and yet somehow remain "sure" that it wasn't created by Our Creator).
Maybe 'the word for "a |Spectral Being in a Human Body who Maintains the |Semblance of Life by leaving the Grave to Suck the |Warm Blood of the Living as they Sleep"' is built on "Vamp (|Extemporize on a |Piano, Upper Part of a |Shoe or BootPatch up, |Repair←in |Front of the Foot ... |Seductive Woman who Exploits Men) + Ire (|Filled with the Divine, Holy, |Gadfly (|Thing Causing Madness), to Drive |On, |Boils, Anger, Violent |Passion)" (Person who |Preys on |Others, |South American |Blood-Sucking Bat)

It's important that 'vampires' aren't "tyrannical murderers" like 'Dracula,' because I may be a vampire—not so much a 'blood'-vampire (who don't "live off the blood," but only ingest it in small, willingly-donated portions), but more like an 'energy'-vampire ... 

If I am such a vampire, again I'm only taking the energy after you use it (I'm not "stealing it from you"), and I'm not taking it 'to survive' so much as 'to keep from getting agitated & depressed.'

So I suspect that all humans are that kind of 'energy-vampire' ... and I'm wrong about that—they're all at risk of being energy-vampires (due to these bad habits every once-in-a-while), but I (and other energy-vampires) practice them way-way-way too often!

But I'm working on it ...

After seeing their brief mention on the History site, I thought there would be a lot of 'energy-vampire COMMUNITIES' out there (groups of energy-vampires who get together and vent). That's how it seems energy-vampires 'feed'—we're "victims" of some misfortune or inequality or suffering, and we 'hunger' to know that others feel our pain.

We ought to hunger for others to 'help solve our problems' or to 'help us rise up again' or to 'help get through our times of suffering'; but ... well, my error (possibly an error other energy-vampires share, but each situation is different) is that I'm not focusing on 'a set goal for the future'—

while it's true that 'the future is never clear (although we convince ourselves that "our path is clear" and we set off down that path and arrive at something like the goal we imagined, that "destiny" can be swept away in an instant!), I need to stop focusing on 'the way things have always gone before' and shift my view to 'the way we're gonna make things go when we lift each other up!'

Comments