#Modifying 'My Setlist' :-P

To Keep Up on My 'Research,' 

In my 20s & 30s, I would go to a neighborhood karaoke-bar about once-a-week, and I had 'the songs I would often do.' (And either 'my tastes in songs-to-sing were especially odd' or 'I'm just too narcissistic to notice when anybody else is singing anything else (although I did notice some songs that other regulars could say were "their songs"),' but I don't think anybody else did "my songs"🤩.)

That stems from 'my performance of solos in elementary-school choir, -in various other talent-shows' ... leading to my yearly performance in the Mountain High Camp talent-show.

I'll get to 'my set-lists' after I do |that word|'s etymology ... |That word| seems important; so I found out a little more about |that word| (below-linked to ... something about 'the show which brought |that word| to my attention') and share my findings with you below---maybe I'll add some notes beneath (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments).

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed


The word |Modifying| sits at the peak of the high tower above the proto-word *med- "Take Appropriate Measures" + *dhe- "to Set, Put," which combined into ancient words that mean "Make of a different Manner" & evolved through ancient words that mean "to Set Limits, Amend, Alter."
just like #Modify #Modifies #Modified #Mod #Mods #Modification
#Modifications #Modifier #Modifiers #Transmogrify #Unmodified

I'll review my old 'set-lists' soon enough, but first I have to 'make a decision' about my upcoming 'set-list' (only 'one song'-long🙄). My 'friend who was/is my SLP' had suggested I sing/lip-sync Zach Williams' "Survivor," but thinks I might prefer to 'singck' "Testify" by Need to Breathe.

You can click those links to hear those songs & -can comment to tell me which one you think I should sing, but it's probably too late to change it (or change it back ... as I think "Testify" is more 'the message I want to proclaim'---more 'what there is to find in our future' than 'the past that I have to push aside to get there').

the cover of PANDA GOD's album "Delusion," with the song "I Can Be a Rockstar"

But my other 'set-lists'? there was
  • Inka-Dinka-Doo (Jimmy Durante) - although I did it in 'a 10- or 11-year-old's falsetto' (although is it still "a falsetto" when it's 'your actual voice'?) and not Durante's vocal fry
    Then there was 'the one audition-song that ever worked for me,' "When You're Alone" from Hook
    • That got me into Putnam City Schools' "COUNTERPOINT"-production Li'l Abner, when I played Itchy McRabbit (the same character Jerry Lewis played in the 1959 film) and joined in with The Scraggs (the others in Abner's entourage) on
    • A Typical Day
    • Dearly Beloved
    • ... I don't remember any of the other songs; my part was mostly just 'running around & reacting to the other songs'
  • Then I got into my violin- & percussion-music (usually not at the same time) when I loved to play.
    • Ashokan Farewell (the violin-solo made famous in Ken Burns' docu-series THE CIVIL WAR ... I've never heard those lyrics before though)
    • the theme from Schindler's List
    • I played a marching-snare the year Putnam City High's band did ... I think it was null
      I was a Drum Major (Assistant-to-the-Assistant Drum Major ... after one season on Timpani Drums) the following years ... mostly out of 'pity' I'm sure--though I was worthy of it--after my brain-injury; when we played
    • ... I don't remember ... we did 'Blood, Sweat & Tears'-songs one year ("Spinning Wheel" etc.)
  • I sang "Rabbi Elemelekh" in one talent-show.
    Then--when I got old-enough, obviously--I made my way to the Karaoke-bar, and would frequently sing
  • "Bohemian Rhapsody" by QUEEN
  • "Dragula" by Rob Zombie
  • "Master of the House" from Les Miserables
  • ... and maybe there were a few other songs I (and almost nobody else) would sing, but now I'm getting into 'the songs I'd sing at the Mountain High Camp talent-show
  • "Lord of the Dance" (the classic hymn, not the 'new-fangled' Christian Pop)
  • "Everything You Know is Wrong," a Weird Al song that (like many other funny- or Broadway-songs) helped me reconstruct my neural pathways.
  • "When the God-Man Passes By"
Now I'm going to 'compulse' a few of these songs (and come back & hyperlink their titles hear to 'the compusory posts') ...

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

Comments