@Sci_Phile Kyle Hill warns us about the #Automatons taking over @YouTube's #ScienceAudience

Watching, |that word| distracted me from 'whatever they were discussing'; so I found out a little more about |that word| (below-linked to their discussion) and share my findings with you below. (maybe I'll add some notes beneath it (and/or you might start/continue the discussion in the comments)).

The word |Automatons| is put together with the prefix Auto- (from ancient words that mean "Self") and a 'the rest of the syllables' are from the proto-word *men- "to Think" which evolved through ancient words that mean "Animated, Willing, Acting."
(but it's important to remember that an #Automaton can only act as it is acted on---which is why Kyle's advice near the end of the video is so important that we unify on to bring the scammers down '䷅' (they say that's "the hexagram for 'conflict'"))

on which are also-built #Automatism #Automatize
 #Automatizes #Automatized #Automatizing

To Keep Up on My 'Research,'


My comment (on the video at the link):
This is why--for all the high-tech editing you (and most of the highly-popular Youtubers) do--I actually PREFER more of the 'user talking to "the camera" (or to "all us watchers")' in the videos ... video-essays, v-logs, show-&-tell, call it what you want. I'm 'parasocial' (or maybe it's 'perisocial' or 'parisocial' ... or (just covering all the options I can think of) 'perasocial')---some of my best friends growing up were 'the characters in F*R*I*E*N*D*S, -Buffy the Vampire Slayer, -SMALLVILLE, -STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, -lots of good movies, etc. So I regard YouTube as a big "friends' discussion group."
That brings up 'another prong of our attack on the Science-Scammers'---not just "hating the violators," but "loving your 'YouTube-friends!'" That's what I do on my 'YouTube channel' (I don't have any video-equipment (as of June 29, 2023), but I watch videos for a few hours everyday (usually at the same time as I'm posting here or on forums) and put the best videos in lists I share for you to watch.

My New Mantra (one of several) - Nothing is forever except Change (BUddhA)

... and I have to mention that a lot of help (a share of revenue, extra topics from magazines & advertising, etc.) comes from WowApp: Using the Wowism Community's Fairness to Prevail over Economic Greed

Comments