@NETFLIX's #AttackOfTheHollywoodCliches ... is it a #Cliche? or is it a #Trope? (and was it 'Cliche' that they called all those #Tropes "Cliches")? | @StudioBinder

Yes, I discuss 'where NETFLIX's commentary-special messed up' in a forum you can get to through 'the emboldened link(s)' below; but first–after a mention of the free mining-software (giving us free Bitcoin in exchange for energy we're wasting anyway)–I want to teach you about those words. And I find you understand words better if you see 'the words at their base' (then going on to look at the words at those words' bases, then the words at those words' bases, etc.-etc. ad infinitum into their Foundation)

The word “Cliche” (I know it's spelled with an accent over the "e," but my etymology-source doesn't use it) is from a technical word in printer's jargon for "a #Stereotype Block," built on ancient words that echo "the |Mold Striking the Metal (see Click)."
#Cliched
See, the word “Stereotype” (built on ancient words that mean "Solid Type") is the word for 'making a Print from a Solid |Plate of Type'---which made it a good metaphor for 'a |Preconceived & Oversimplified Notion of Characteristics Typical of a Person or Group.'
#Stereotypical #Stereotyped #Stereotyping
The word “Trope” (which I didn't even think of until writing the title above (way after I wrote the discussion)) is built on ancient words that mean "to Turn (a Turn of Phrase, Figure of Speech)" (and the suffix -trope is built on the same meaning).

Where did I hear that a 'trope' could be mistaken for a 'cliché'? Well, StudioBinder tells us that tropes are simply story-telling devices that become clichés if they get overused 🤓 


SUBSCRIBE FREE below:
Follow


Rob Lowe, host of "Attack of the Hollywood Cliches"

I really enjoy sharing my unique perspectives and I'm thankful to you for liking this enough to subscribe (FOR FREE) to get alerts when I post something new and -to comment below (to tell me how crazy or -ingenious or -foolish or -enlightening-etc. my writing is).

Comments